- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 305
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Abnormal Psychology? - Definition and Common Disorders Studied
Course SummaryEnjoy the flexibility of studying abnormal psychology whenever and wherever your schedule permits using this Abnormal Psychology Online Tutoring Solution course. Deepen your understanding and simplify your preparations for a quiz or test by accessing short lessons, quizzes and practice exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other abnormal psychology work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn abnormal psychology material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding research methods, models of behavior, types of disorders and treatment or any other abnormal psychology topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their psychology learning
- Prefer learning psychology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing abnormal psychology
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in abnormal psychology
- Don't have access to their psychology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning abnormal psychology simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live psychology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn abnormal psychology on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Define abnormal psychology and explain what constitutes abnormal behavior.
- Understand how to produce high-quality research.
- Take a look at examples of clinical research in abnormal psychology.
- Describe the biological mechanisms behind mental illness.
- Discuss theories that subscribe to the psychodynamic model of abnormal behavior.
- Examine experiments that illustrate the behavioral model of abnormal behavior.
- Explain the cognitive model of abnormal behavior.
- Learn how the humanistic-existential model explains abnormal behavior.
- Understand how social roles can affect abnormal functioning.
- Explore the diathesis-stress model.
- Define clinical assessment in psychology.
- Examine the causes and treatments of different types of disorders, including anxiety, mood, stress, somatoform, dissociative, eating, sexual and substance use disorders.
- Describe the different methods of treatment in abnormal psychology.
- Discuss the legal and ethical issues in abnormal psychology.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Abnormal Psychology Course and Class Information
- Abnormal Psychology Degree Program Overviews
- Abnormal Psychology Major: Information and Requirements
- Master's Degree in Abnormal Psychology Programs
- Online Developmental Psychology Courses
- Online Courses and Classes in Behavioral Psychology
- Online Psychology Graduate Course Overviews
- Free Online Developmental Psychology Courses
- Online Courses in Criminal Psychology: Course Descriptions
- Online Courses and Training Programs in Counseling Psychology
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses