- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 37
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is GAAP? - The Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Course SummaryAccounting 304: Advanced Accounting II is a convenient and mobile-friendly course that covers a variety of advanced accounting principles and standards. You can study the course at any time, and it's designed to improve your accounting skills for academic and professional purposes.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Trust Accounts: Types & Taxation||Take Quiz|
|Lesson 2 - Preparing a Charge & Discharge Statement||Take Quiz|
About This Course
Check out this advanced accounting course whenever you need to strengthen your accounting knowledge and skills. The course includes short and simple lessons that cover essential advanced accounting topics, including accounting principles, business partnership accounting, government accounting, financial reporting environments and much more.
The course also includes interactive self-assessments to help you check your understanding of advanced accounting terms, standards and formulas. You can use any computer or mobile device to access the course, and it's available to study 24/7. Complete the course at your own pace, and submit questions to our instructors if you need any extra help with the material.
|Accounting Principles & Standards||Understand GAAP and the role of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). Assess its impact on financial reporting for state and local governmental entities.|
|Partnerships as a Business Entity||Describe the use of partnerships as a business entity for financial and taxation purposes.|
|Partnership Accounting||Recognize the applications of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to a variety of partnership accounting issues.|
|Government Accounting||Know how to prepare various entries and financial statements for state and local governmental entities.|
|Nonprofit & College Accounting||Be able to account for transactions of not-for-profit organizations. Identify accounting issues as they pertain to not-for-profit colleges and universities.|
|Estate & Trust Accounting||Evaluate the accountant's role in regards to estate and trust accounting. Know how to apply the accounting theory to procedures used to account for estates and trusts.|
|Corporate Bankruptcies, Reorganizations & Liquidations||Address accounting issues as they pertain to corporate reorganizations, bankruptcies and liquidations.|
|Evaluating the Current Financial Reporting Environment||Use accounting theory to evaluate the current financial reporting environment.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- A Guide To Advanced Placement Courses
- Cost Accounting Classes and Courses Overview
- Tax Accounting Courses and Classes Overview
- Accounting: Program Coursework Summary
- Business Accounting: Summary of Coursework
- Online Cost Accounting Course Information
- Online Accounting and Finance Courses and Classes
- Accounts Payable Classes and Courses Overview
- Computerized Accounting Courses and Classes Overview
- Financial Accounting Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses