- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 62
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1History of Income Tax
Course SummaryStudy our Accounting 307: Federal Income Taxes course at any time to review fundamental information about federal income taxes. This mobile-friendly course contains short lessons and practice quizzes that can boost your tax knowledge for school or work.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive federal income taxes course simplifies complex tax concepts through a series of bite-sized lessons. Work through the course at your own pace to review topics such as the income tax model, tax law and policy, taxable income, tax deductions and more. You can reinforce your understanding with the accompanying lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
Our expert instructors are available to answer any questions you may have about federal income taxes. The course is available to access at any time that fits your schedule, and the online format of the course allows you to study at home, at school, in the office or wherever you happen to be.
|The Income Tax Model||Describe how income tax works and recognize various types of taxes and tax rates.|
|Tax Law & Tax Policy||Explain different types of tax policy issues. Identify sources of primary and secondary tax law.|
|Types of Taxable Income||Identify different types of income, including gross, net and residual income. Know when non-traditional items are considered income by the internal revenue code.|
|Tax Deductions for Individuals||Recognize personal tax deductions, such as medical expenses, retirement and pensions.|
|Tax Credits & Property Transactions||Evaluate tax credits and property transactions, as well as the effect they have on taxes and taxation.|
|Corporations, Partnerships & Taxes||Display an understanding of corporations and partnerships, how they affect taxes and how they are reported.|
|Timing in Taxation||Explain how timing affects many facets of taxation and accounting methods.|
|Capital Gains & Losses||Define capital gains and losses, and understand how they are treated by the tax code.|
|Charitable Contributions, Deductions & Taxes||Explain the tax implications and rules for charitable contributions.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- US Income Tax Course in NY with School Overviews
- Online Income Tax Courses and Training
- Income Tax Courses and Classes Overview
- Income Tax Courses in Atlanta, Georgia with School Options
- Tax Preparation Course Online with School Information
- Income Tax Classes in Minnesota with School Information
- Tax Specialist Courses and Classes Review with Career Information
- Income Tax Courses in Boston, MA with Program Descriptions
- Tax Accounting Courses and Classes Overview
- Tax Classes and Courses Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses