- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 78
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Purpose of the Accuplacer Arithmetic Test
This course can be found in: Accuplacer Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 10 Accuplacer study guides, and 600+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet the best score you can on the Accuplacer Math: Arithmetic Placement test by completing this helpful course. With our self-paced lessons and practice quizzes, you can focus on the areas that require your attention the most.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Accuplacer Courses
About This Course
This course addresses the math topics you need to know to do your best on the Accuplacer Math: Arithmetic Placement test. Colleges throughout the U.S. use this next-generation Accuplacer test's results to place you in the courses best suited to your abilities. Our study guide offers an easy way for you to review all the important arithmetic concepts you'll see on the exam, including whole number, fraction and decimal operations. Our experts are available to answer the questions you submit through the Dashboard.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our Accuplacer test prep materials! We've got Accuplacer courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Accuplacer study guides to help you study, Accuplacer practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Accuplacer resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This comprehensive test prep course contains fun lessons on many of the subjects you'll be faced with on the exam. Get acquainted with percents, number comparisons, decimals and more to make sure you're prepared. Once you finish this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers
- Discuss the basics of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions and mixed numbers
- Detail the process of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing decimal numbers
- Explain how to make calculations with percents, including percentage increases and decreases
- Compare differently formatted values by using equality and inequality symbol notation, the number line and ordering
- Evaluate equivalent number statements
With 6 chapters made up of 63 lessons, you'll easily build your confidence with essential arithmetic concepts for the exam. Along with each lesson and chapter, you'll also find a self-assessment quiz or test to monitor your progress.
Accuplacer Math Arithmetic Placement Exam Information
The Accuplacer Math Arithmetic Placement test is a computer-administered exam that gauges students' mathematic abilities and is often used by colleges for effective student placement.
- Number of Questions: 20
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: Untimed
Accuplacer Math Arithmetic Placement Exam Breakdown
|Accuplacer Exam Concept||Percent of the Accuplacer Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Whole number operations||15-25%||3-5 questions||16 lessons|
|Fraction operations||15-25%||3-5 questions||13 lessons|
|Decimal operations||15-25%||3-5 questions||12 lessons|
|Percent||15-25%||9 questions||10 lessons|
|Number comparisons and equivalents||15-25%||3-5 questions||12 lessons|
Accuplacer Math Arithmetic Placement Exam Preparation & Registration
This handy guide will aid your study of the basic arithmetic concepts assessed on the exam. The brief video lessons can be used as a refresher for math topics you've already learned, and some lessons might introduce you to new topics or present previously learned concepts in a new and more enlightening manner. Lessons include instruction in the relationship between fractions and decimals, methods for ordering fractions and more. If you take the short quiz that accompanies each lesson, you'll know immediately of any topics that need additional review. The quizzes and chapter assessment also offer practice for your test-taking skills, since the format is similar to the Accuplacer Math: Arithmetic Placement exam.
You can inquire about registration for a testing session by dropping in at your college's counseling or guidance office. If your school is in another state, you can inquire by phone or email, since there's a good chance they'll be able to accommodate your testing needs locally. Make sure that you take a picture ID to your testing session and check for any other requirements through the school's testing center.
Accuplacer Math Arithmetic Placement Exam Scoring
Accuplacer tests have no passing or failing scores, since they are used for correct placement in college classes. You'll want to do your very best to demonstrate your capabilities. This test is computer-adaptive, meaning that the difficulty of questions offered are based on the ones you've previously answered.
Arithmetic Placement Test
Number of questions: 20
Time to complete: Untimed
Exam topics covered: Operations with fractions and whole numbers, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, estimating and identifying equivalent fractions; decimal and percent operations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, estimation and percent/fraction equivalencies; problem-solving and applications including percent and distribution into fractional parts
What you'll study: Our comprehensive study guide offers lessons on basic arithmetic operations with whole numbers, fractions, percents, integers and inequalities.
Accuplacer is a registered trademark of The College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Accuplacer Arithmetic Test: Measurement
- Accuplacer Arithmetic Test: Geometry
- Flashcards - About the Accuplacer Arithmetic Test
- Accuplacer Arithmetic Test: Rate, Ratio & Basic Statistics
- Accuplacer Test Preparation & Resources
- A Guide To Advanced Placement Courses
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- Jobs Requiring Attention to Detail
- Should I Major in Math? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Math Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Acting and Modeling Schools
- Top Ranked School for Graphic Design Digital Design and Multimedia Degrees - Houston TX
- Top Electrical Engineering and Electronics Technology Degrees - Boise ID
- The Martin Luther King Library in Washington DC
- Advertising Design Top School for Becoming an Advertising Design Professional - San Francisco CA
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses