- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 166
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Multiply and Divide Rational Expressions
This course can be found in: Accuplacer Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 10 Accuplacer study guides, and 600+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this course to review algebraic expressions, trigonometry and geometry when studying for the Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test. Our video lessons outline all the topics you'll need to know, while the multiple-choice quizzes assess your understanding so you can work towards the best possible score.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
17 chapters in Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra and Functions Placement Test Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Accuplacer Courses
About This Course
This study guide course includes a variety of engaging lessons that are designed to prepare you for the questions on Accuplacer's Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test, which many postsecondary schools require new students take to determine their math skill levels and placement. Each of the lessons covers a topic that may appear on the test, such as linear and quadratic equations, expressions and functions. Our video lessons feature experienced instructors who teach key concepts through fun graphics and examples. These ideas are then reinforced through multiple-choice quizzes and chapter tests.
Check out our Accuplacer test prep materials! We've got Accuplacer courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Accuplacer study guides to help you study, Accuplacer practice tests to test your knowledge and informational Accuplacer resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've included lessons on all the concepts found on the Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test, giving you a comprehensive resource you can use to study any time. Just a few of the topics covered include rational expressions, systems of equations and trigonometry. After completing this course, you should be prepared to do the following:
- Explain factoring in algebra
- Perform arithmetic with rational expressions
- Expand polynomials and manipulate roots
- Work with exponential expressions and exponents
- Graph and solve linear equations
- Solve systems of linear and quadratic equations
- Calculate and graph inequalities
- Determine volume, area, circumference and perimeter of geometric shapes
- Discuss line theorems, similarity and congruency
- Apply knowledge of the Pythagorean theorem
- Graph algebraic functions
- Solve logarithmic and exponential functions
- Identify trigonometric equations and functions
This course is made up of 156 bite-sized lessons grouped into 16 chapters. It's easy to make sure you're ready by answering the multiple-choice questions on the lesson quizzes and chapter tests.
Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test Exam Information
The Accuplacer tests are used to determine your skill levels in areas such as math, reading, writing and ESL. Colleges often use the results of these tests to place students in appropriate college-level or college preparatory courses. While the guidelines for taking placement tests vary by school, you may not need to take placement tests if you have previous college credit or earned high scores on the ACT or SAT.
- Number of Questions: 20
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: Untimed
Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test Exam Breakdown
|Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test Concept||Percent of Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Linear Equations||10-15%||2-3 questions||11|
|Linear Applications and Graphs||10-15%||2-3 questions||15|
|Radical and Rational Equations||5-15%||1-3 questions||26|
|Polynomial Equations||5-15%||1-3 questions||14|
|Exponential and Logarithmic Equations||5-15%||1-3 questions||14|
|Geometry Concepts for Algebra 1||5-10%||1-2 questions||10|
|Geometry Concepts for Algebra 2||5-10%||1-2 questions||8|
Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test Registration and Preparation
Registration requirements vary by school. Some schools offer walk-in testing that requires no previous registration, while others prefer you to register in advance. You'll generally need to present photo identification prior to taking the test. The exams are administered via computer.
You can prepare for the Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test by using the lessons included in this course. The videos review mathematical functions such as solving linear equations, graphing inequalities and word problems. You can also test your knowledge on these subjects through multiple-choice quizzes and chapter tests.
Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test Scoring and Score Reports
The Accuplacer Math: Advanced Algebra & Functions Placement Test does not have a pass/fail score since the results are simply used to help determine areas of strength and weakness. You'll receive the results of your test immediately after taking it.
The untimed math test includes 20 multiple-choice questions that increase or decrease in difficulty depending on your answers. The questions test your ability to solve problems that include college-level math concepts. You can use the videos in this course to review many of the concepts that could appear on this test, including circles, square roots, and algebraic expressions. You'll also find lessons on graphing and algebraic functions.
Accuplacer is a registered trademark of The College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How To Pass The Elementary Algebra Accuplacer
- A Guide To Advanced Placement Courses
- Accuplacer Arithmetic Test: Geometry
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- Everything You Need to Know About AP Tests: Deadlines, Scoring Policies & More
- Best Non-Video Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- How Online Courses Work Video
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- List of Free Online Geometry Courses and Lessons
- Video: What You Need to Know About Applying to College
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses