- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 61
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Get the Gist of an Essay & Improve Reading Comprehension
This course can be found in: Accuplacer Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 10 Accuplacer study guides, and 600+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe Accuplacer Reading comprehension test has been replaced with the next-generation Accuplacer Reading placement test. If you need to get ready for this college placement exam, try studying with this course's engaging lessons, practice assessments and supplemental learning materials.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Flashcards - Analysis of Nonfiction & Informational Texts|
|Flashcards - Fiction Analysis|
Related Accuplacer Courses
About This Course
The next-generation Accuplater Reading placement test is a redesign of the Accuplacer Reading comprehension test. The exam evaluates multiple reading skills, including rhetoric, synthesis, vocabulary, information and ideas. This online study guide course is comprised of bite-sized lessons and practice tests that are designed to get you fully prepared for the assessment. By the time you finish this course, you'll have strengthened your fundamental reading comprehension and analysis skills. Feel free to use any smartphone, tablet or computer to review these resources at any time you'd like.
Check out our Accuplacer test prep materials! We've got Accuplacer courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Accuplacer study guides to help you study, Accuplacer practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Accuplacer resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've included all of the material in this course that you'll need to know in order to do well on the Accuplacer Reading Placement Test. Topics covered include literary analysis and reading interpretation. After completing this course, you should be ready to:
- Analyze nonfiction and informational content
- Outline fiction and drama analysis
- Provide an overview of literary analysis
- Detail basic reading skills
You'll find 59 bite-sized lessons organized into 5 chapters, available 24 hours a day to study at your leisure. Before test day, take the lesson quizzes and chapter test to ensure that you're ready for the exam.
Accuplacer Reading Placement Test Exam Information
Colleges and universities use the Accuplacer Reading placement test to evaluate a student's level of readiness for postsecondary learning. The Reading placement test will challenge you to analyze reading passages in multiple subject areas.
- Number of Questions: 20 per computer-adaptive administration; 40 per COMPANION form
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: Untimed
Accuplacer Reading Placement Exam Breakdown
|Accuplacer Reading Placement Test Concept||Percent of the Accuplacer Reading Placement Test||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Information and ideas||35%-55%||7-11||10|
Preparing & Registering for the Accuplacer Reading Placement Test
The dashboard feature provides a handy way for you to stay organized as you navigate the content. There, you can take a quick glance at your recent activity and course progress while exploring links to related material. The practice quizzes found there, also available to be printed in worksheet form, can help you make sure you understand each lesson before moving on. You can take these quizzes as many times as you feel is necessary.
The Accuplacer Reading Placement Test can be taken by making an appointment with your college's advising office. If you live away from campus, you can contact your school to explore testing alternatives as well as the option of taking the exam at a local college or under the supervision of an approved proctor.
Accuplacer Reading Placement Test is a registered trademark of The College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Accuplacer Test Preparation & Resources
- Flashcards - About the Accuplacer Arithmetic Test
- Accuplacer Arithmetic Test: Measurement
- Accuplacer Arithmetic Test: Geometry
- Preparing for Community College Placement Tests
- Reading & Writing Tests
- Accuplacer Arithmetic Test: Rate, Ratio & Basic Statistics
- Study Shows Acting Can Help with Reading Comprehension
- How To Pass The Writing Accuplacer
- Why Studying in College Should Involve More Than Just Reading
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses