- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 76
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Focus Your Essay and Respond to the Essay Prompt
This course can be found in: Accuplacer Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 10 Accuplacer study guides, and 600+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet the help you need before taking the Accuplacer WritePlacer test with the help of our practice course. Our lessons cover the information you need to know for the test, and our multiple-choice quizzes help you see where you need to focus.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Accuplacer Courses
About This Course
The lessons in this course are designed to help you enhance and refine your writing skills. Quizzes and chapter tests reinforce what you have studied, and easy access to our instructors and subject-matter specialists makes getting additional help as simple as a mouse-click. The lessons include subjects such as the prewriting process, writing organization, and structure and essay writing. You can access these lessons on your mobile device or computer at any time to study at your leisure.
Check out our Accuplacer test prep materials! We've got Accuplacer courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Accuplacer study guides to help you study, Accuplacer practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Accuplacer resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The lessons align with the subjects covered on the Accuplacer WritePlacer Test, including developing an argument, writing mechanics, and revision and writing style. Once you finish this course, you should be ready to complete the following:
- Outline the prewriting process and brainstorming
- Explain how to compose and organize an essay
- Detail essay structure
- Discuss how to build an effective argument
- Develop and improve your writing style
- Understand the importance of grammar, syntax, editing and revision
We've compiled 76 lessons in six chapters that you can reference any time as you prepare for this exam. To make sure you're ready for test day, take the self-assessment lesson quizzes and chapter tests.
Accuplacer WritePlacer Test Exam Information
The Accuplacer tests form a battery of college-placement exams designed to assess your knowledge and skills in a variety of academic areas. The WritePlacer exam tests your ability to compose a well-thought-out and well-written essay. It is not a pass-fail exam. Scoring on the test is intended to determine your skill level for diagnostic and placement purposes. Whether the WritePlacer test is or is not timed depends upon the individual school policy.
- Number of Questions: 1
- Question Type: Essay question
- Time Limit: Depends on institution
Accuplacer WritePlacer Registration and Preparation
To register for the Accuplacer WritePlacer exam, you should contact the college or university you are planning to attend. Depending upon the school's policies, there may or may not be a fee. The counseling and advisory office at your local college or university will be able to provide you with dates, times, whether or not a fee applies, and other related information.
Accuplacer WritePlacer Scoring and Score Reports
Scoring on the Accuplacer WritePlacer essay test ranges from 1 to 8, with 8 showing the most mastery in the essay and 1 showing the least. You will receive your scores immediately upon completion of the test.
Total essay questions: 1
Time to complete: May be timed or untimed depending upon school policy.
Exam format: Short passage with question to which student must compose an essay response.
What you'll study: Brainstorming and prewriting, grammar and composition, organization and essay structure, elements of a sound argument, editing and revision strategies.
ACCUPLACER, WritePlacer and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Jobs that Help People in Need
- Help! I Need to Find a Job in HR Fast
- Overview of the Skills Needed to Become a Library Helper
- The Bentham Project Needs Your Help
- Need Help Choosing a Preschool for Your Kid with ADHD?
- Everything You Need to Know About AP Tests: Deadlines, Scoring Policies & More
- Help! My School Isn't Providing the Resources I Need to Teach a Special Needs Child
- What You Need to Know Before Taking Online Classes As an International Student
- What You Need to Know About Transferring Credits
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses