- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 181
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1ESL Lesson Plan for Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
Course SummaryThis self-paced course is filled with entertaining activities you can use to enhance your instruction for English language learners. Strengthen your curriculum and simplify the lesson planning process with games, flashcards and other teacher resources designed specifically for ESL instruction.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Use the activity ideas and teacher resources in this engaging course to give your ESL students a well-rounded learning experience. Chapters offer different activities you can use to improve your students' vocabulary, grammar, writing and reading skills. The various games, exercises and questions can make learning fun for your students. These resources bring your classroom to life while simultaneously strengthening your curriculum, lesson plans and instructional methods.
How It Works
Feel free to access the activities in this course before, during or after school via any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. Navigate this course in any sequence and as often as you'd like to get the greatest benefit from these amazing teacher resources!
This course offers:
- Entertaining lessons that help you use the best approaches when teaching your ESL students about vocabulary, grammar, holidays, world issues, culture and much more
- Fun activities, games, flashcards and additional resources designed to make your classroom instruction fun for your ESL students
- Dashboard features that enable you to quickly access these materials and send topic questions to our experts
- Around-the-clock access to lessons, games, activities and all other ESL teacher resources
How It Helps
- Cuts down research time: Enjoy access to a wide variety of games, exercises, activities and additional resources in one convenient location.
- Enhances lesson planning and instruction: This course provides resources designed to help you plan quality lessons and tips and strategies for improving your classroom instruction.
- Improves learning outcomes: Use this course to develop fun activities for your lessons that can keep your ESL students engaged and improve their learning outcomes.
- Provide your ESL students with fun writing prompts and exercises
- Enhance your English language learners' vocabulary skills
- Incorporate ESL reading and grammar activities into your lessons
- Make learning fun with engaging games and exercises for ESL students
- Help your students study with ESL flashcards
- Bring your classroom to life with ESL questions and conversations
- Closely examine holidays with your students with help from lessons and activities
- Discuss business, world issues, culture and health with your ESL students
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flashcards - ESL Instructional Theory
- Flashcards - ELL Instructional Design
- M.Ed. in ESL Curriculum & Instruction: Degree Overview
- ESL Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program Information
- Instructional Design Graduate Courses Overview
- Instructional Design Course and Class Descriptions
- Flashcards - Instruction for Oral Language Development
- Enhancing Your Instruction with Your Very Own Teaching Style
- ESL (English Second Language): Adult Education for ESL Teachers
- Flashcards - Alignment of Texas Science Instruction for Young Learners
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses