- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 232
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1ESL College Lesson Plan
Course SummaryTeach ELL with confidence by taking advantage of the informative teacher resources in this short course. Benefit from activity ideas, lesson plans and helpful instructional strategies that ensure you're able to teach a variety of topics to your students while keeping them engaged.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This self-paced course offers numerous teacher resources, tools and strategies you can use to enhance your instructional methods when teaching English Language Learners. Explore short lessons to get tips for educating ESL students on relationships, food, culture and health, travel, literature and more. Use the lesson plans in this course to create your own well-rounded lessons that cover topics like history and science. Activity ideas are available to get your ESL students excited about the topics you cover while encouraging classroom participation.
How It Works
All resources in this course are available around-the-clock, enabling you to enhance your ESL teaching strategies anytime your schedule permits. Choose any resources that will effectively strengthen your instructional methods, and revisit them as many times as you'd like.
This course offers:
- Engaging lessons that feature strategies for teaching world cultures, business and world issues, food and other topics to ESL students
- Helpful lesson plans that provide learning objectives, curriculum standards, discussion topics/questions, lesson and activity ideas and other resources
- Dashboard that lets you track your progress through the course and submit your lesson topic questions to our subject-matter experts
- Mobile accessibility that enables you to review these resources using any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection
How It Helps
- Covers numerous topics: This course enables you to educate your ESL students on a wide variety of topics, including drama, travel, holidays and culture.
- Makes lesson planning simple: Lesson plans offer instructional strategies, activity ideas, homework suggestions and other resources you need to simplify your lesson planning process.
- Reduces research time: Enjoy the ability to cut down on your research time by accessing lessons, lesson plans and other teacher resources in one convenient location.
- Improves engagement: Using the fun activity ideas in this course can keep your students engaged through increased participation.
- Educate your ESL students on business and world issues
- Teach ESL business and life skills vocabulary
- Inform your ESL students about world cultures, movies and drama
- Discuss relationships, travel, food, culture and health with your ESL students
- Create comprehensive ESL history and science lessons
- Teach literature to your English Language Learners
- Share holidays and time-of-year ESL vocabulary with your students
- Develop and present fun ESL holiday lessons and activities
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Gifted Students Can Help Teachers Get Other Students Engaged
- What to Teach Your Students About Digital Citizenship
- Flashcards - How to Teach Gifted Students
- Flashcards - Instructional Practices for ELL Teachers
- Take Advantage of & Benefit Significantly From Teacher Mentoring
- Strategies to Combat Procrastination While Taking Courses Online
- Is Teacher Burnout More Likely If You're an Introvert?
- Teach Online
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses