- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 106
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Adaptations? - Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryOur Adaptations for Kids course is designed to help elementary students learn via a fun online environment. The course's engaging lessons and practice quizzes can help any elementary-level student study for tests, finish homework assignments and improve their science knowledge.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This convenient online course covers important adaptation topics that are commonly taught in elementary school science classes. Through bite-sized video lessons that are typically less than ten minutes in length, your students can quickly learn and review adaptation definitions and concepts. Following each lesson is a short practice quiz that can help your students retain the information they've learned. Parents and teachers have access to their kids' quiz scores so they can assess how well they've understood the material and identify concepts that may require further study.
How It Works
- Starting at the course Dashboard, your students can begin taking the course in sequence from the first chapter. They also have the option to jump to specific adaptation chapters and lessons that interest them.
- The self-assessment quizzes that follow each lesson allow students to solidify their understanding of the adaptation concepts and practice answering multiple-choice questions about the subject.
- Printable transcripts are included to supplement the studying experience.
- Students can use the interactive video timelines to jump to specific points in a video lesson.
- Our expert science instructors are available to answer any questions your students may have about adaptations.
Using the Course
The safe online learning environment of this course allows students to focus while enjoying the learning/studying process. The course can be customized to fit your students' needs, and the material is available at any time of day or night, which helps parents, teachers and students use the course whenever it fits their busy schedules.
The course can benefit parents, students and teachers in a variety of academic situations:
- To help students get ready for upcoming science tests
- To function as a convenient homework help resource
- To engage students with fun in-class teaching resources
- To supplement traditional science textbooks
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Accepting Late Assignments Helped My Students
- 5 Summer Activities That Are Fun And Help Kids Learn
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Using Timers to Help Kids with ADHD Finish Their Homework and Chores
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- How To Help Your Kids With Homework When You've Got Your Own
- Can Student-Led Conferences Work for Elementary Students?
- Get Your Elementary Students Outside With These 3 Activities
- I Got My Advanced Students To Help My Struggling Students: Here's How
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses