- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 164
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Development? - Growth, Maturation & Learning
Course SummaryTeachers now take the National Evaluation Series (NES) tests in place of the AEPAs. Get in shape for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary Test by using this course as your central hub for all your study needs.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
18 chapters in AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary: Practice & Study Guide
About this Course
The chapters in this course are each filled with topic-specific lessons that have been carefully designed to address every single aspect covered on the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary Test. You can use our materials to reacquaint yourself with essential topics, and you can practice answering multiple-choice style questions with our quizzes. Study.com offers you this all-inclusive guide that should help you remember the details about the following topics:
- Development and human growth
- Biological development and genetic influences
- Perceptual, sensory and cognitive development
- Intelligence and creativity development
- Essential aspects and challenges of childhood development
- Developmental learning theories
- Learning assessments and curriculum planning
- Different instructional approaches
- Motivational strategies and effective communication
- Creating positive environments for learning
- Developing partnerships to encourage learning
- The roles of the professional educator
About the Exam
Arizona requires teachers to take one or more assessment tests prior to granting vocational licensure, and the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary Test is one of the possible assessments required for teachers at the elementary school level. This test is taken on a computer and includes a multiple-choice section and two written-response assignments. The test is offered throughout the year, but you must register for an appointment. Within three-hours, test-takers will have to make their way through 100 multiple-choice questions, one work product assignment, and one case study assignment. A passing score is no lower than 220 points.
Preparing & Registering for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary Test
Getting ready for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary Test may seem like a stressful ordeal, which is why you need Study.com's test-prep chapters as a way to minimize stress and maximize your chances of test success. Our structure keeps you organized, since we divide all of the major topics into chapters, and then break those chapters down one step further into short, individual lessons. With the information carefully broken up and organized, you can look through the chapter and lesson titles to find the exact information you need to review.
While studying for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary Test is essential, you also have to register for the test. The registration process is handled on the AEPA or NES websites. You start by making a user account, which involves revealing some personal information. Then you proceed to selecting your test, test date, test center, and test time. You will also have to pay to take the test, and you usually do so at the end of the registration process.
The Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) and the National Evaluation Series (NES) tests are registered trademarks of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become an Elementary School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Should I Be a History Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Kindergarten Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be an Art Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Math Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be an English Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a High School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses