- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 173
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Development? - Growth, Maturation & Learning
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe AEPA has been replaced by the National Evaluation Series (NES) exams. Get in shape for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary Test by using this course as your central hub for all your study needs. You'll review engaging lessons and take interactive practice quizzes.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
20 chapters in AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary (NT051): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam Study Guide
This AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge (APK) - Elementary exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) exam. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) exam.
Utilize our test prep course to study for the AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam. The expertly prepared lessons in this course are aligned to the tested exam domains such as child development, cognitive development and student learning and assessment. Through text and video lessons, you can reinforce your knowledge. Check your progress with lesson and chapter quizzes as you work through the course.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Student Development and Learning
- Explaining child development factors and challenges
- Exploring developmental learning theories
- Incorporating positive learning and instruction
Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment
- Discussing different approaches to learning assessments
- Utilizing effective curriculum planning and instruction
- Understanding effective positive student motivation
The Professional Environment
- Promoting positive community and family partnerships to support learning
- Understanding the legal and ethical obligations of professional educators
AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Course Format
The 19 chapters of this course are broken down into 160 lessons to help you review everything you could be tested on by the AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary exam. Track your progress on your dashboard so you know what you need to work on and what you've mastered.
AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 102 questions
- Question Type: 100 multiple-choice questions and 2 written-response questions
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam Breakdown
|AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Exam Concept||Percent of the AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Student development and learning||24%||24|
|Assessment, instruction and the learning environment||40%||40|
|The professional environment||16%||16|
In addition to the multiple-choice questions, the lessons also prepare you for a case study and written assignment, worth 10% each.
AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam Preparation & Registration
While studying for the AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Test is essential, you also have to register for the test. The registration process is handled on the AEPA website. You start by making a user account, which involves revealing some personal information. Then you proceed to selecting your test, test date, test center, and test time. You will also have to pay to take the test, and you usually do so at the end of the registration process.
Getting ready for the AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary exam may seem like a stressful ordeal, which is why you need Study.com's test-prep chapters as a way to minimize stress and maximize your chances of test success. Our structure keeps you organized, since we divide all of the major topics into chapters and then break those chapters down one step further into short, individual lessons. With the information carefully broken up and organized, you can look through the chapter and lesson titles to find the exact information you need to review.
For more information on registering and preparing for the AEPA Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam, check out our AEPA Informational Resources.
National Evaluation Series (NES) Program is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- NES Test Preparation & Resources
- Creighton University in Omaha, NE Video Review
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- HVAC Schools in Omaha, NE with Program and Course Summaries
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Should I Become an Elementary School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses