- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 275
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Classical Management Theory (1900-1930): Definition
Course SummaryRefresh your business education knowledge for the National Evaluation Series (NES) Business Education exam, which has replaced the AEPA Business Education exam. Study our lessons and take the multiple-choice quizzes to ensure you know all the material that could be covered by the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course reviews business education topics to help you prepare for and pass the AEPA Business Education exam. The lessons in this course can help you consolidate your knowledge of business education topics required in Arizona for teacher licensure. Our comprehensive study guide gives you a simple and effective way to learn all the material you'll need to know for the exam, such as business law and ethics, personal finance and the fundamentals of e-commerce. To help you get ready for test day, we've included a short quiz with each lesson and a test at the end of each chapter so you can quickly identify any areas that need to be addressed further.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've thoroughly covered all of the subjects that you'll be expected to know for the exam, providing you with a comprehensive resource you can use to study any time. The lessons cover topics ranging from international trade to business software. After finishing this chapter, you should be ready to do the following:
- Outline the role of management in organizations
- Detail contributions to management theory
- Utilize decision-making and employee motivation strategies
- Explain concepts in management and leadership
- Discuss operations and change management
- Identify the fundamentals of human resources, including staffing and hiring
- Outline consumer protection laws and risk management
- Discuss international trade, e-commerce and entrepreneurship
- Understand accounting fundamentals, financial statements and investments
- Detail business technology, information systems and hardware
- Explain career management and counseling
Our comprehensive and thorough course comprises 212 professionally written lessons grouped into 16 chapters. The lesson quizzes and chapter tests are a handy way to ensure you're ready to take the AEPA Business Education exam.
AEPA Business Education Exam Information
The AEPA Business Education exam consists of questions on business education topics in five subject-area domains. The state of Arizona uses this exam for teacher licensure in this subject area.
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: Three hours
- Exam Cost: $95
AEPA Business Education Exam Breakdown
|AEPA Business Education Exam Concept||Percent of the AEPA Business Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Business Management, Law, and Ethics||19%||28 questions||44|
|Accounting, Personal Financial Management, and Quantitative Analysis||19%||28 questions||43|
|Economics and International Business||19%||28 questions||42|
|Marketing, E-Commerce, and Entrepreneurship||19%||28 questions||30|
|Business Communications, Technology, Career Development, and Professionalism||25%||37 questions||53|
NES Business Education Exam Preparation & Registration
Through the use of this study guide, you can familiarize yourself with all the subjects found on the NES Business Education exam. Many of these short video lessons will refresh your memory of topics you studied in college, while others may introduce you to information that is unfamiliar. In the lessons, you'll learn about the four functions of management, different management styles, planning and organizing in management along with power and leadership. You'll find out about theories of employee motivation, strategic decision-making and change management. Production and and operations are also covered. After you complete a lesson, you can gauge your mastery by taking the short quiz. The quizzes give you a good picture of what the actual exam questions could look like.
The NES Business Education exam is offered year-round, by appointment. You can register to take it online. The exam is a computer-based test (CBT) that can be taken in one of several locations throughout Arizona and nationwide. When you appear for the exam, you will need to show a current, government-issued photo ID card.
NES Business Education Exam Scoring
Your test results are available immediately upon completion of the exam. Your score report will be released within two weeks and sent to the institutions you specified upon registration. You'll need to score at least 220 in order to pass.
Business Management, Law and Ethics
Nineteen percent of the test questions are on business management, law and ethics. Demonstrate your knowledge of organizational management and how it operates, and express your mastery of human resources management, business law and ethics, and social responsibility in business.
Accounting, Personal Financial Management and Quantitative Analysis
This section of the exam comprises 19% of the test questions. Showcase your understanding of business accounting, personal finance and consumer economics, and explain how to use quantitative analysis in the business setting.
Economics and International Business
Another 19% of the test questions cover economics and international business. Provide information about both microeconomics and macroeconomics as well as international business, marketing and trade.
Marketing, E-Commerce and Entrepreneurship
Nineteen percent of the questions deal with principles of marketing and market research, e-commerce and Internet marketing, as well as entrepreneurship and the development a business plan.
Business Communications, Technology, Career Development and Professionalism
This section makes up 25% of the test questions. Show that you understand business communications and information systems, including their structure and use. Display competencies in the area of computer technology applications, explain the steps involved in career development and demonstrate comprehension of the components of professionalism.
AEPA Business Education is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Master's in Business Education Degree
- Business Education Certification in Texas
- Ohio Business Education Licensure
- Business Education Certification in Georgia
- Business Education Certification in Connecticut
- How to Become a Business Executive: Education and Career Roadmap
- Become a Home Business Consultant: Education and Career Roadmap
- How to Become a Business Coach: Education and Career Roadmap
- How to Become a Business Attorney: Education and Career Roadmap
- Become a Business Analyst: Education and Career Roadmap
- Car Designer Job Information for Students Considering a Career Designing Cars
- Tax Assessor Job Outlook and Information About Becoming a Tax Assessor
- Math Statistics Degrees
- Architecture Teacher Job Duties and Requirements for Becoming an Architecture Teacher
- How to Become a Clinical Research Scientist Career Roadmap
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses