- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 231
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Principles of Growth and Development
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this course's video lessons to develop expertise in early childhood education before you take the AEPA Early Childhood Education examination. All the concepts you could be tested on when you take the exam are covered in this informative study guide.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
22 chapters in AEPA Early Childhood Education (AZ036): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This Course
Watching the online video lessons in this course can help you become familiar with the material you'll face on the AEPA Early Childhood Education examination. The videos highlight the health, safety, nutrition and education of young learners, among other related topics. You'll build better teaching strategies and gain a deeper understanding of the social and physical growth and development of children. In addition to learning about curriculum planning, you'll review various techniques for creating supportive learning environments. Help from one of our subject experts is available in the Dashboard if any questions come up as you complete this course.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2020.
Syllabus & Course Information
You'll find a comprehensive guide to the AEPA Early Childhood Education exam in this engaging and professionally written study guide course. Our video lessons covers topics from child growth and development to creating positive learning environments for young children. Once you complete this course, you should be ready to:
- Outline developmental learning theories
- Detail curriculum planning and classroom strategies
- Explain early childhood language development
- Point out how literacy is developed in children
- Utilize strategies to teach reading and nurture reading development
- Identify helpful tools in teaching writing in early childhood
- Discuss the basic elements of mathematics
- Describe the foundations of teaching science
- Outline learning through the arts
- Detail terms and properties in physical science
- Study and compare cultures
- Explain geometry and measurements skills
Our helpful test prep course is made up of 199 lessons in 22 chapters designed to take the stress out of studying. Along with each lesson and chapter, we've included self-assessment quizzes and tests so you can make sure you're ready for test day.
AEPA Early Childhood Education Exam Information
The AEPA Early Childhood Education examination is used by the state of Arizona as part of the certification process for aspiring early childhood educators. The exam can be taken at any time during the year, by appointment.
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Selected-response questions
- Time Limit: Two hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $120
AEPA Early Childhood Education Exam Breakdown
|AEPA Early Childhood Education Exam Concept||Percent of the AEPA Early Childhood Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Child Development & Learning||24%||24 questions||56|
|Communication, Language & Literacy Development||38%||38 questions||40|
|Learning in the Content Areas||38%||38 questions||103|
Preparing & Registering for the AEPA Early Childhood Education Examination
Revisit topics you studied in college so that you can earn a better score on the AEPA Early Childhood Education examination when you watch this course's video lessons. Further develop your teaching abilities and your knowledge of various content areas while you expand your capacity to effectively manage the classroom. The videos include self-assessment quizzes so that you can keep track of your progress.
Registration for the examination takes place online. Visit the AEPA website in order to complete the registration process and to submit your payment. Scheduling of a test date is permitted 24 hours a day, each day of the week, but test appointments are only granted on a first-come, first-served basis. After scheduling an appointment, you'll receive a confirmation email containing your testing date, time and testing center location.
Scoring the AEPA Early Childhood Education Examination
You should earn a score of 240 in order to pass the examination and qualify for certification. In addition to being reported to the Arizona Department of Education (ADE), your score will be reported directly to you and to institutions of your choosing. Results are available about a week to six weeks after you take the exam, depending on your selected test date.
Child Development and Learning
Number of questions (approximate): 24
Exam topics covered: Physical, cognitive, social and language development; strategies for teaching mathematics, social studies, and art; integrated curriculum design; family and community health factors
What you'll study: This course teaches you more about the biological development of children and adolescents as well as the stages of social development in infants. It improves your understanding of developmental learning theories and provides you with strategies for improving your students' ability to absorb information.
Communication, Language and Literacy Development
Number of questions (approximate): 38
Exam topics covered: Verbal and non-verbal communication, second-language acquisition, vocabulary development, literacy, semantic cueing systems, phonics and fine-motor development
What you'll study: After reviewing this course, you could know more about the stages of language development. You might accumulate techniques for teaching young learners to read, speak and form new vocabulary words. The course could also expand your capacity to provide bilingual education to your students.
Learning in the Content Areas
Number of questions (approximate): 38
Exam topics covered: Mathematics terminology, numerical operations, fractions and decimals; physical, earth and life science; geography, history, civics, music, drama and visual arts
What you'll study: Teach children the basics of math and geometry with the help of this course. It also covers topics from an array of other content areas, including geography, history, economics and civics. You might also prepare to introduce your students to some aspects of the visual and performing arts.
Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Early Childhood Education in Massachusetts
- Classes and Courses in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education in West Virginia
- Early Childhood Education Certification in Louisiana
- Early Childhood Education Continuing Education Options
- Early Childhood Education Careers | List of Careers in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education Certificate & Certification | Requirements for Early Childhood Education Certification
- Explore Early Childhood Education in the Blogosphere: 10 Top Early Childhood Education Blogs
- Early Childhood Education Certification and Certificate Programs
- Early Childhood Education Certificate Programs in NH
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses