- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 38
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use Context to Determine the Meaning of Words
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis course is designed to prepare you for the AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest I Reading exam. Study at your own pace with mobile-friendly lessons and interactive quizzes. Our engaging study guide covers everything you need to pass the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
7 chapters in AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest I - Reading (NT001): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest I Reading Study Guide
The AEPA Reading Subtest has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Essential Academic Skills (EAS) Subtest I: Reading. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES EAS Subtest I Reading exam, which is one of three exams required by some Arizona educator preparation programs.
Our comprehensive test prep course will fully prepare you for this computer-based, multiple-choice test. You'll study topics and gain skills that directly match those required to pass the exam, including reasoning, literary analysis and writing development. This course is built by professionals to give you valuable, in-depth knowledge and confidence for exam day.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
AEPA EAS Subtest I Reading Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AEPA EAS Subtest I Reading exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Meaning of Words and Phrases
- Determining the meaning of unfamiliar words and phrases
- Differentiating between multiple meanings of words
- Understanding figurative language and its meanings
- Identifying synonyms and antonyms of words
Main Idea and Supporting Details in Written Material
- Determining the stated and implied main ideas of passages
- Identifying specific supporting ideas in a passage
Writer's Purpose and Audience, Point of View, and Intended Meaning
- Discovering the writer's stated or implied purpose for writing
- Selecting the appropriate audience and purpose of a piece of writing
- Describing a writer's point of view based on word choice and phrasing
Using Critical Reasoning Skills and Evaluating Written Material
- Understanding cause-and-effect relationships
- Using stated and implied information to draw conclusions
- Differentiating between fact and opinion
Organization of Information in Written and Graphic Forms
- Identifying effective organization methods for written information
- Choosing a successful summary of a passage
- Interpreting information organized in various forms, such as charts and diagrams
AEPA EAS Subtest I Reading Course Format
This course is broken down into 6 chapters containing 32 lessons that are specifically aligned with the exam topics. It covers all major subjects required for the test, including reading comprehension, text analysis and writing. Short videos and quizzes for each topic provide further context and help for each lesson.
AEPA EAS Subtest I Reading Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 45
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 1 hour
- Exam Cost: $50
Registering and Preparing for the AEPA EAS Subtest I Reading Exam
You can register online to take the NES EAS Subtest I Reading exam individually or in conjunction with the other two tests that make up the NES Essential Academic Skills exam. This test is given by appointment throughout the year at testing centers located nationwide. Candidates are asked to arrive 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled test time with a valid government-issued photo ID in order to be admitted to the testing center.
The resources provided in this study guide course help take the stress out of your test preparation. These mobile-friendly lessons feature easy-to-follow videos and in-depth information to help you learn to analyze written works and develop reading comprehension skills. Study at your own pace and submit any lingering questions to our expert instructors if you get stuck working through the course.
For more information on registering and preparing for the AEPA EAS Subtest I Reading exam, check out our AEPA EAS Exam Informational Resources.
AEPA and NES are registered trademarks of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How to Become a Kindergarten Teacher in New Mexico
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- AEPA Test Preparation & Resources
- What Do I Need to Study for an Architecture Entrance Exam?
- How to Become a PE Teacher in New Mexico
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- How to Become a Preschool Teacher in New Mexico
- Music Teacher Certification Maryland
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses