- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 72
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are Simple Sentences? - Examples & Concept
Course SummaryThe AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing test has been replaced in the state of Arizona by the NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing exam. The test prep course you'll find here contains lessons and quizzes to help you prepare to do well on this exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
9 chapters in AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Professional instructors created this NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing exam study guide course to walk you through the topics you'll find on the test so you'll be well prepared. This exam has replaced the AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing test in the state of Arizona. Work at your own pace as you study basic writing mechanics, word and sentence choice, identifying errors in writing and the components of an essay. All of our learning materials are accessible 24 hours a day on any smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer for convenient study. Feel free to reach out to an instructor through the Dashboard if you have questions you need assistance with. Here you'll study the following subjects:
- Sentence structures and sentence types
- Grammar conventions in writing
- Basic writing mechanics
- Figurative language and word meanings
- Sentence and word choice
- The components of an essay
- Organizing and developing essays
- Identifying errors in writing
About the Exam
The NES Essential Academic Skills test is comprised of three subtests, of which the Subtest II - Writing is one. All three subtests must be passed in order to pass the test. Subtest II - Writing is comprised of 36 multiple-choice questions that make up 75 percent of your score and a written assignment scored for the remaining 25 percent. You'll be given 75 minutes to complete both portions of this exam, with a score of at least 220 ensuring a passing mark.
NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing Exam Preparation & Registration
In this course, you'll find all the information covered on the NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing test provided in user-friendly and easily accessible lessons. Some of the topics you'll study include basic writing mechanics, word and sentence choice, organizing essays and sentence types and structures. Along with each lesson and chapter, we've included self-assessment quizzes and tests so you can see how well you might do on exam day and where you may need to focus further study.
The NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing test may be taken individually or together with the other subtests that make up this exam. Testing is available on a first-come, first-served basis at testing centers located nationwide and by appointment. Registration and the payment of all required fees may be completed online. On exam day, testing candidates are asked to arrive at the testing center 15 minutes prior to their test dressed in comfortable, layered clothing and with a valid form of government-issued photo ID.
NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing is a registered trademark of the Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flashcards - NES Essential Academic Skills Math: Rational Expressions
- Flashcards - NES Essential Academic Skills Math: Measurement
- Flashcards - NES Essential Academic Skills Math: Inequalities
- Flashcards - NES Essential Academic Skills Math: Estimating & Rounding
- Flashcards - NES Essential Academic Skills Math: Calculating Polynomial Functions
- What Are the Praxis Core Academic Skills Tests?
- Flashcards - About the Praxis Core Academic Skills Test
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Why Writing Skills Are More Important Than Ever
- TEKS - Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses