- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 162
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Punctuation? - Rules & Signs
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing test has been replaced in the state of Arizona by the NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing exam. This test prep course contains engaging lessons and quizzes to help you prepare to do well on this exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
21 chapters in AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing (NT002): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing Exam Study Guide
This AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing exam. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing exam. Professional instructors created this AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing exam study guide course to walk you through the topics you'll find on the test. Work at your own pace as you study basic writing mechanics, word and sentence choice, and the components of an essay. All of our learning materials are accessible 24 hours a day on any smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer for convenient study.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Writing Multiple Choice Section
- Understand purpose, audience and occasion of a piece of writing
- Identify supporting details, thesis statements and topic sentences
- Recognize information that takes away from the main message of a passage
- Find fragments and run-on sentences
- Locate problems with subject-verb agreement
- Correct issues related to ineffective writing including redundancy and wordiness
- Recognize errors in the use of verbs, pronouns, adverbs and adjectives
- Be able to edit for errors in the use of comparatives, superlative, and possessives
- Locate and edit errors in punctuation, spelling and capitalization
- Apply appropriate written style and language for a particular audience and purpose
- Show appropriate usage of a thesis statement
- Appropriately develop a thesis statement
AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing Exam Course Format
This helpful course is organized into 8 chapters including 67 lessons which have all been aligned to tested objectives. By utilizing the quizzes throughout you can easily track you progress and work on skills which need extra reinforcement.
AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 37
- Question Type: Multiple-Choice and 1 Written Response
- Time Limit: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $50 for one subtest, $75 for any two subtests, $100 for three subtests
AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percentage of Exam||Number of Questions|
|Writing Multiple-Choice Section||75%||36|
Registering and Preparing for the AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing Exam
Candidates in Arizona educator preparation programs who are required by their preparation institution to take this test must pass 3 subtests: Subtest 1 - Reading, Subtest 2 - Writing, Subtest 3 - Mathematics. You may register to take one, two, or all three subtests at an administration. You may register online at the AEPA website after creating an account. The test is given year round by appointment on a first come, first served basis.
In this course, you'll find all the information covered on the AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing test provided in user-friendly and easily accessible lessons. Some of the topics you'll study include basic writing mechanics, word and sentence choice, organizing essays and sentence types and structures. Along with each lesson and chapter, we've included self-assessment quizzes and tests so you can see how well you might do on exam day and where you may need to focus further study.
For more information on registering and preparing for the AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest II - Writing Exam, check out our AEPA Informational Resources.
Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) and National Evaluation Series (NES) is a registered trademark of the Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Are the Praxis Core Academic Skills Tests?
- Why Writing Skills Are More Important Than Ever
- What Online Courses Do You Recommend for Academic Writing to Get Prepared for a Master's Program?
- TEKS - Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- How Are Soft Skills Essential for Career Growth?
- Jobs that Require Writing Skills
- Why Social Skills in Kindergarten Are More Important Than Academics
- Reading & Writing Tests
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses