- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 236
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Decimal Place Value?
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryArizona has replaced the AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics test with the NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics exam. In this convenient and flexible study guide, you can review needed skills through quick and interesting lessons geared toward test objectives.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
42 chapters in AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics (NT003): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics
The AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics exam. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics exam.
Our study guide course contains lessons and self-assessment tools you can use 24 hours a day to prepare for this exam. You'll review professionally constructed lessons on the principles of algebra and geometry, the rules of measurement, ratios and proportions, the properties of geometric shapes and more.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics, covering all the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Number Properties and Number Operations
- Utilizing mathematical processes in multidigit computations
- Knowing place value and relative magnitude
- Applying equivalent ways of representing numbers including exponents
Fundamental Principles of Algebra
- Understanding algebraic expressions
- Solving linear algebraic equations and inequalities
- Graphing ordered pairs and number relationships
Measurement Principles and Geometry Concepts
- Identifying the measurement unit needed to solve a problem
- Converting to standard and metric measuring systems
- Analyzing properties of various shapes
Probability and Statistics
- Interpreting information in tables, charts and various types of graphs
- Calculating the probability of an outcome
- Computing the mean, median and mode
Problem Solving, Reasoning, and Mathematical Communication
- Evaluating and estimating solutions to problems
- Utilizing basic algorithms
- Translating between written English and mathematical terminology, concepts, and notation
AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics Course Format
This course contains 41 chapters and 200 short text and video lessons. There are also study materials, such as flashcards and quizzes, to help you study and monitor your progress through the course.
AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics Information
- Number of Questions: 45
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 1 hour
- Exam Cost: $50 for one subtest/ $75 for any two subtests/ $100 for three
AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics Registration & Preparation
Candidates in Arizona educator preparation programs who are required by their preparation institution to take this test must pass 3 subtests: Subtest 1 - Reading, Subtest 2 - Writing, Subtest 3 - Mathematics. You may register to take one, two, or all three subtests at an administration. You may register online at the AEPA website after creating an account. The test is given year-round by appointment on a first come, first served basis.
Our test prep course is a helpful way to boost your confidence before you take the AEPA Essential Academic Skills Subtest III - Mathematics. Work at your own pace as you study methods for solving word problems, using logic, the Pythagorean theorem, the principles of geometry and other related subjects. Help from an instructor is available through the Dashboard if you have any questions along the way so you're ready for exam day.
For more information on registering and preparing for the AEPA Math Subtest, check out our AEPA Math Subtest Informational Resources.
AEPA is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., or its affiliates, which are not associated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Are the Praxis Core Academic Skills Tests?
- TEKS - Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- How Are Soft Skills Essential for Career Growth?
- Why Social Skills in Kindergarten Are More Important Than Academics
- What Skills Are Needed to Be a Doctor?
- How Can I Quickly Improve My Programming Skills?
- Professional Skills
- Which Skills Do Teacher Certification Exams Emphasize?
- How to Study With ADHD - Skills to Stay on Track
- GED Social Studies: Essay Skills
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses