- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 145
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Physical Development? - Definition and Examples
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this course's lively video lessons and short quizzes to aid in your study of the biomechanics, physical fitness, and recreational sports concepts you'll need to know when taking the National Evaluation Series (NES) Physical Education exam. This exam has replaced the AEPA Physical Education exam in Arizona.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This Course
This course addresses topics covered on the NES Physical Education exam, which Arizona requires as a condition for licensing to teach this subject. You'll review what physical education involves and how to teach it. You'll find lessons addressing human body systems, motor development, sports activities, exercise and phys ed programs. Short, fun videos take just ten minutes or less to review and feature timeline tags so you can focus only on topics you need to review. Track your progress using your dashboard and take self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to ensure your full understanding of each topic before moving from one lesson or chapter to the next.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
With this guide, you have an accessible and comprehensive study resource at your fingertips to help you prepare for the NES Physical Education exam. You'll find lessons devoted to physical activities, biomechanics, weight management, sports rules and human growth. After you complete this course, you should be able to:
- List aspects of physical, social, emotional and cognitive development
- Identify human body systems and their functions
- Name the effects and benefits of physical activity
- Discuss motor skills and development
- Understand concepts of movement, physicality and biomechanics
- Describe skills needed for various sports, such as baseball, softball, volleyball and soccer
- Share the role that endurance, conditioning and flexibility play in exercise
- Outline weight management strategies
- Apply teaching, assessment and lesson planning methods in phys ed programs
This course is made up of 18 individual chapters broken down into 132 video and text lessons. Use any device to access these lessons and even print lesson transcripts if you need quick-reference study materials.
NES Physical Education Information
Arizona now uses the NES Physical Education exam to test aspiring phys ed teachers on their knowledge of relevant concepts and instructional strategies. Passing this exam is required to obtain the necessary certification to teach this subject in Arizona.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95