- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 240
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Principles of Growth and Development
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryCheck out this comprehensive test preparation course to study for the Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood exam. These fun lessons and quizzes can help you get you ready for the exam in just a few short weeks.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
24 chapters in AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood (AZ093): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood Exam Study Guide
If you're planning on taking the Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood exam, use this convenient online course to get ready at your own pace. The course contains simple lessons and practice quizzes that go over all of the early childhood education concepts you'll be tested on, such as theories of developmental learning, early childhood assessments, and responsibilities and roles of early childhood educators.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood exam, covering all the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Foundations of Early Childhood Education
- Exhibit knowledge of the foundations of early childhood education including administration, organization, ethics, and state and national standards
- Identify professional roles and rights and responsibilities of early childhood educators
- Recognize processes and practices by which young children learn
Promoting Child Development and Learning
- Create responsive and respectful learning environments
- Recognize factors and procedures used in effective planning
- Identify appropriate instructional methodologies
- Apply a variety of assessment tools to plan and modify teaching strategies
Child Guidance and Inclusive learning Communities
- Support young children's development through positive guidance and socialization strategies
- Identify strategies for creating an inclusive learning community
Family and Community Relationships
- Implement strategies for engaging families in achieving learning goals
- Support children's learning and development through relationships with families and community organizations
AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood Exam Course Format
This helpful study guide course for the AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood exam consists of 23 chapters and 214 lessons. Most lessons can be completed in under ten minutes, and they come with corresponding self-assessment quizzes. Our concise lessons allow you to move quickly through the information and be ready to test in a short amount of time.
AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 103
- Questions Type: 100 selected-response, 3 written performance assignments
- Time Limit: 3 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $130 ($95 test fee, $35 registration processing fee)
AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percentage of the Exam for Each Topic||Number of Questions for Each Topic|
|Foundations of Early Childhood Education||28%||28|
|Promoting Child Development and Learning||36%||36|
|Child Guidance and Inclusive Learning Communities||18%||19|
|Family and Community Relationships||18%||18|
Registering and Preparing for the AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood Exam
You'll be able to register for the exam online through the official AEPA website. Test dates are offered throughout the year, and testing centers are located throughout Arizona and the U.S. When you register, you'll pay an exam fee and agree to all testing policies.
This course offers a simple and effective way to prepare for the AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood exam. You'll be able to create your own studying schedule, and you can access the course at any time using your desktop, laptop or mobile device. Our video and text-based lessons are taught by subject matter experts who use a simplified and engaging instructional style. Short quizzes follow the lessons to help you reinforce your understanding of the information.
For more information on registering and preparing for the AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood Exam check out ourAEPA Informational Resources.
Scoring the AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood Exam
The AEPA Professional Knowledge - Early Childhood exam is used for early childhood teacher certification purposes in the state of Arizona. Based on Arizona learning standards, the exam measures a candidate's knowledge in four subareas, including the Foundations of Early Childhood Education (28%), Promoting Child Development and Learning (36%), Child Guidance and Inclusive Learning Communities (18%) and Family and Community Relationships (18%). A score of 240 is needed in order to pass the exam. Exam scores are available within one to four weeks after your test date.
Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- AEPA Test Preparation & Resources
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- What I Wished I Knew About Psychological Differences Before Becoming Early Childhood Educator
- Online Courses for Early Childhood Development
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses