- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 188
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Language?
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryReview concepts you need to know for the AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 exam with this convenient online test preparation course. The short and engaging video lessons and quizzes contained in this study guide can help you quickly master the exam's topics any time that fits your schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
23 chapters in AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 (AZ047): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 Study Guide
This convenient study guide allows you to review all of the concepts that will appear on the AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 exam, which is required for teachers looking to teach secondary reading in Arizona. The chapters of this flexible course cover foundations for reading, assessments, literacy, leadership, spelling and writing in an engaging format. You will also be able to familiarize yourself with data-driven instruction techniques for various ages and the best practices for instruction.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Theoretical and Research Foundations
- Foundations of language and literacy
- Cognitive processes and non linguistic factors of literacy development
Assessment, Instruction, and Leadership Foundations
- Literacy assessments
- Effective literacy instruction and intervention methods
- Leadership in reading and literacy
Literacy Assessment in Grades 6-12
- Selecting and administrating literacy assessments for grades 6-12
- Interpreting results of literacy assessment
- Using data to develop instruction and intervention for grades 6-12
Essential Elements of 6-12 Literacy Instruction and Intervention
- Engaging and motivating adolescent readers
- Developing instruction and intervention for adolescent readers for phonics, vocabulary and academic language
- Instruction and intervention strategies for adolescent readers in fluency and reading comprehension
- Planning instruction and intervention for spelling and writing in grades 6-12
Content-Area Literacy in Grades 6-12
- Content-area comprehension instruction and intervention for adolescents
- Promoting content learning through reading and writing
AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 Course Format
This study guide course is organized into 22 chapters and 178 lessons grouped according to specific tested objectives to help prepare you to be successful on the AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 exam. These lessons are designed to be completed in 10 minutes or less for a quick review and the convenience of quizzes along the way helps you track your progress so you are able to focus on your most needed areas.
AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 101
- Question Type: 100 Selected Response and 1 Written Performance
- Time Limit: 3 hours and 30 minutes (does not include 15-minute CBT tutorial)
- Exam Cost: $120 ($85 test fee, $35 registration processing fee)
AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percentage of Exam for Each Topic||Number of Questions for Each Topic|
|Theoretical and Research Foundations||13%||13|
|Assessment, Instruction, and Leadership Foundations||20%||20|
|Literacy Assessment in Grades 6-12||14%||14|
|Essential Elements of 6-12 Literacy Instruction and Intervention||40%||40|
|Content-Area Literacy in Grades 6-12||13%||13|
Registering and Preparing for the AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 Exam
You can register to take the AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 exam year round. Registration takes place online, and requires you to create an account on the AEPA website. The test is offered at locations in Arizona and nationwide, which you'll select when you register. You are not permitted to bring study aids into the exam facility or to remove testing material. Scores are released within 2 to 6 weeks of testing.
Ready yourself for success on the AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 exam with this study guide. Our video lessons offer you a self-paced review of the required skills the exam will test you on. The lessons are supported by expert instructors who are available to answer any questions you might have regarding classroom activities or literacy requirements. You'll also find quizzes and tests to ensure you're familiar with each subject before you attempt the exam.
For more information on registering and preparing for the AEPA Reading Endorsement 6-12 exam, check out our AEPA Informational Resource.
Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- AEPA Test Preparation & Resources
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Do Online College Courses Have a Schedule?
- Online Master of Liberal Studies Degree Programs with Course Info
- What Are College Online Master Courses?
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses