- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 152
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Language?
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis course can help you hone your knowledge of pertinent skills in order to help you pass the Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) Reading Endorsement K-8 exam. These lessons are accessible 24 hours per day for flexibility and convenience.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
20 chapters in AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 (AZ046): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Study Guide
The AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 exam is part of the licensure requirements for Arizona instructors who wish to teach reading at the elementary or middle school level. Review for the AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 exam with the lessons and quizzes in this study guide. Key topics and concepts will be reviewed to help you work toward mastery. You'll find lessons on literacy, skill assessments, reading and writing instruction and critical thinking.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Theoretical and Research Foundations
- Understanding linguistic foundations of language and literacy
- Understanding neurological, cognitive, and sociocultural foundations of language and literacy
Assessment, Instruction, and Leadership Foundations
- Understanding foundations of literacy assessment
- Understanding foundations of literacy instruction and intervention
- Understanding foundations of leadership in reading and literacy
Literacy Assessment in Grades K-8
- Understanding the selection and administration of assessments in essential elements of literacy in grades K-8.
- Understanding how to interpret the results of various literacy assessments and to use assessment data to plan appropriate instruction interventions for K-8 students.
Essential Elements of K-8 Literacy Instruction and Intervention
- Understanding instruction and intervention in phonologic and phonemic awareness and other important emergent literacy skills including concepts of print and letter recognition and formation.
- Understanding instruction and intervention in phonics and word identification skills.
- Understanding instruction and intervention in vocabulary and academic language.
- Understanding instruction and intervention in fluency.
- Understanding instruction and intervention in reading comprehension and comprehension strategies.
- Understanding instruction and intervention in spelling and writing.
Content-Area Literacy in Grades K-8
- Understanding content-area texts and instruction and intervention in comprehension of content-area texts.
- Understanding reading and writing as tools for content learning.
AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Course Format
The information in the AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Study Guide is broken down into 19 chapters and 142 lessons which are aligned with the tested objectives on the exam. You should be able to complete each lesson within 10 minutes or less. You can check your knowledge through quizzes and track your course progress through your dashboard.
AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Selected-response and one written response assignment
- Time Limit: Three hours and thirty minutes
- Exam Cost: $120 ($85 test fee, $35 registration fee)
AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percentage of Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Theoretical and Research Foundations||13%||13|
|Assessment, Instruction, and Leadership Foundations||20%||20|
|Literacy Assessment in Grades K-8||14%||14|
|Essential Elements of K-8 Literacy Instruction and Intervention||40%||40|
|Content-Area Literacy in Grades K-8||13%||13|
Registering and Preparing for the AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Exam
Registration for the AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Exam can be completed online. Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first served basis, so be sure to sign up as early as possible to get your desired date. Confirmation will be sent to you with testing date, time, and location after you register.
All the topics covered in the AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Exam will be reviewed in this course through short video lessons. These topics will include key literacy and reading instruction knowledge needed for the test. You can assess your readiness of each topic through self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams.
For more information on registering and preparing for the AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Exam, check out our AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Exam Informational Resources.
Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- CFY Is Helping to Make Digital Learning Accessible to Students, Parents and Educators
- See Spot Read: Helping Children Build Confidence in Their Reading Skills
- Arizona State Assessments
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Overview of the Skills Needed to Become a Library Helper
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Student Volunteers Help Give the Gift of Reading
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses