- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 77
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Makes School Library Media Programs Effective?
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments The AEPA School Library Media Specialist test has been replaced by the National Evaluation Series (NES) School Library Media Specialist exam. Take this comprehensive test prep course, using any device, to get fully prepared for the exam at your own pace and schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in AEPA School Library Media Specialist (NT502): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This NES School Library Media Specialist Exam Study Guide
This AEPA School Library Media Specialist exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES School Library Media Specialist exam. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES School Library Media Specialist exam. If you are planning on taking the NES School Library Media Specialist exam, use this course to study the concepts you'll need to know. The course contains engaging lessons and practice quizzes that discuss the essentials of library media programs, information literacy, school library management and more.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
NES School Library Media Specialist Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the NES School Library Medial Specialist exam covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below.
The Library Media Program
- Have knowledge of the role of the library media program and its relation to the overall school program and beyond
- Understand the importance of ongoing professional growth
- Apply strategies for promoting informational literacy within the school environment
Promoting Information Literacy Skills
- Apply understanding of basic principles of child development, curriculum development, and instructional design to provide appropriate information resources for diverse groups
- Create a student-centered library environment promoting the habit of lifelong learning through information, literature, and ideas
- Develop strategies for promoting literacy through information, technological resources and literature for children and young adults
- Use methods and materials for facilitating the development of information literacy skills
- Construct procedures for the management and organization of information, materials, equipment, and technological resources
- Apply principles related to the management of human, financial, and physical resources
- Develop methods for engaging in collaboration, assessment, and evaluation of the library media program
NES School Library Media Specialist Exam Course Format
This convenient study guide course is organized into 12 chapters and 70 lessons aligned by testing objectives. Through quick video lessons and quizzes used to help ascertain your understanding, you can quickly review everything you need for this exam from promoting information literacy to program administration.
NES Library Media Specialist Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
NES Library Media Specialist Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percentage of the Exam for Each Topic||Number of Questions for Each Topic|
|The Library Media Program||30%||45|
|Promoting Information Literacy Skills||40%||60|
Registering and Preparing for NES School Library Media Specialist Exam
To register for the exam, simply complete the online registration process through the AEPA website after setting up an account. Test appointments are available throughout the year, and you can find testing centers in Arizona and other states. The registration process will also have you pay the exam fee and agree to NES testing policies. An official score report will be sent to you a few weeks after your test date.
This course is designed to make your test preparation process simple, convenient and fun. You can use any computer or mobile device to access the course, and its 24/7 availability helps you study whenever you have free time. You can navigate to the chapters you want to review by using your interactive course dashboard. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you check your understanding of the material, and the chapters include comprehensive multiple-choice exams.
For more information on registering and preparing for the NES School Library Media Specialist Exam check out our AEPA Informational Resources page.
National Evaluation Series (NES) Program is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Library Media Specialist: Job Description, Salary and Requirements
- Library Media Specialist Degree Program and Licensure Information
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Become a School Media Specialist: Education and Career Roadmap
- Media Specialist Endorsement and Certification Info
- Media Specialist Masters Degree Programs
- Media Specialist Degree Program Information
- Instructional Media Specialist Employment Information
- Schools for Aspiring Sonogram Specialists
- Top School in Miami for Digital Media Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses