- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 124
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Development Stages From Infancy to Late Adulthood
This course can be found in: AEPA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ AEPA study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryEnhance your preparations for the National Evaluation Series (NES) Special Education test (which has replaced the AEPA Special Education test) with help from this course's informative study resources. Use our engaging lessons, short quizzes and practice exams to improve your understanding of topics you could see on exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AEPA Courses
About This AEPA Special Education Exam Study Guide
This AEPA Special Education exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Special Education exam. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES Special Education exam. This entertaining course offers all the resources you need to study for and pass the NES Special Education test. Get reacquainted with the basics of human development, instructional strategies for special education, student assessment options and much more by exploring bite-sized lessons. Each lesson covers a different topic and features a multiple-choice quiz designed to test your comprehension.
Check out our AEPA test prep materials! We've got AEPA courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AEPA study guides to help you study, AEPA practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AEPA resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
AEPA Special Education Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the AEPA Special Education exam covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Students with Disabilities
- Recognize identifying traits of students with disabilities
- Identify what can impact the development of students with disabilities
Assessment and Program Planning
- Utilize selection, modification and design techniques for formal and information assessments
- Develop and implement an IEP
Learning Environments and Instructional Practices
- Plan and maintain an appropriate learning environment for students with disabilities
- Use instructional practices to promote student success in general curriculum
- Employ strategies for communication and social skill development and useful behavior intervention
- Teach functional living skills and develop effective transitions for students with disabilities
Foundations and Professional Practice
- Have knowledge of the historical, legal, and ethical basis of the special education domain
- Perform professional roles and responsibilities
AEPA Special Education Course Format
This course is organized into 14 chapters and 115 lessons aligned with tested objectives. Through progress tracking and access to subject matter experts you can quickly work your way through the needed topics for review from learning about teaching students with disabilities to special education program development.
AEPA Special Education Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
AEPA Special Education Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percentage of Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Students with Disabilities||20%||30|
|Assessment and Program Planning||20%||30|
|Learning Environments and Instructional Practices||40%||60|
|Foundations and Professional Practice||20%||30|
Registering and Preparing for the AEPA Special Education Exam
Registration for the AEPA Special Education exam is available year round, by appointment on a first-come, first-served basis in Arizona and across the nation. You may register on the AEPA website upon creating an account.
Preparing for this course can be done through the AEPA Special Education study guide at your convenience. The flexibility of this course will enable you to quickly ascertain your knowledge of key concepts for a comprehensive review leading to success. Choose the lessons you want to review in each chapter, and feel free to visit as many times as you'd like to fully absorb key concepts. Practice exams are available to gauge your knowledge of each chapter and the entire course. In no time, you will have a quality understanding of special education services and IEPs, technology for the special needs classroom, how to teach life skills and transition planning and more.
For more information on registering and preparing for the AEPA Special Education exam, check out our AEPA Informational Resources.
Scoring for the AEPA Special Education Exam
Divided into four content domains, test takers can expect to answer questions focused on students with disabilities (20%), assessment and program planning (20%), learning environments and instructional practices (40%), and the foundations of the special education field (20%). Passing the test requires a score of 220. or higher Immediately following testing, score reports are provided to test takers. A more detailed score report is available within two weeks of testing.
The Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessments (AEPA) and the National Evaluation Series (NES) Program are registered trademarks of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- AEPA Test Preparation & Resources
- NES Test Preparation & Resources
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Special Education?
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- CCXP Test Preparation & Resources
- CPCE Test Preparation & Resources
- CMA Test Preparation & Resources
- CGAP Test Preparation & Resources
- AFOQT Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses