- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 151
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Alabama Real Estate License Law: Rules & Regulations
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ Real Estate study guides, and 800+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryAce the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam with our comprehensive study guide, featuring video lessons and self-assessments to help you understand the responsibilities of being a real estate broker in Alabama.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
20 chapters in Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam: Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Study Guide
To become a real estate broker in the state of Alabama, you need to pass a broker pre-license exam. This exam is made up of two portions: a state portion with 40 multiple choice questions and a national portion with 10 simulation-style problems. This study guide provides you short lessons and self-assessments that review the important real estate practices, laws, and regulations that you need to know to pass the exam.
Check out our Real Estate test prep materials! We've got comprehensive Real Estate study guides to help you study, Real Estate practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Real Estate resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam, covering all of the topics outlined in official test materials provided by the test makers, PSI, who administer the exams under a contract with the Alabama Real Estate Commission. Our professional instructors created this course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Understanding Activities That Require a License
- Renewing a License
- Receiving Post-License Education
Broker Licenses, Company Licenses and Place of Business
- Understanding the Responsibilities of a Qualifying Broker
- Having Your Qualifying Broker Status Terminated
- Serving as a Qualifying Broker for Multiple Companies
- Operating from Home
Violations Which May Result in Disciplinary Actions
- Misrepresenting Information and Dealing Dishonestly
- Inducing a Party to Break a Contract
- Failing to Give Proper Disclosure
- Paying or Receiving Commissions from Unlicensed Persons
Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Course Format
This study guide contains 19 chapters divided into 140 lessons. These cover everything you need to know to prepare for the exam, guiding you with a short quiz after each lesson and a test after each chapter. To help you review the concepts you learn, we also provide flashcards on real estate topics, which you may practice with after you complete the study guide.
Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 50
- Question Type: Multiple choice and simulation-style problems
- Time Limit : 3.5 hours
- Exam Cost: $75
Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Breakdown
|Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Concept||Percentage of the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam||Number of Questions|
|Broker Licenses, Company Licenses and Place of Business||12%||6|
|Disciplinary Actions and Process||6%||3|
|Estimated Closing Statements||4%||2|
|Violations Which May Result in Disciplinary Actions||24%||12|
|Agency Relationships and Property Representations||6%||3|
|Fair Housing and Other Governmental Regulations||4%||2|
|Training and Supervision of Licensees||2%||1|
Preparing & Registering for the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam
To take the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam, you will need to be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident at least 19 years of age with a high school diploma or GED; anyone convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude or who has had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state within the past two years is ineligible to take this exam. Additionally, you will need to have completed a 60-hour pre-license course with a minimum grade of 70 and held an active real estate license in any state for at least 24 months of the 36-month period immediately preceding the date of your application. The first step in registering for the exam is pre-registering with the Alabama Real Estate Commission, at which point you will receive a confirmation notice to schedule your exam. On the day of the exam, you will need to bring two forms of identification with you to the Test Center (at least one must be government-issued) and both must match the name in which you registered.
The lessons in this guide offer a review of topics that you'll need to comprehend for the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam. Lessons contain a short video and quiz, and chapters culminate in a test, so you can absorb the material throughout the course. There are also comprehensive flashcard sets for optional practice at the end of the course.
For more information on registering and preparing for the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam, check out our Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Informational Resources.
The Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam is a registered trademark of the Alabama Real Estate Commission, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Commercial Real Estate Broker
- How to Get Your Commercial Real Estate Broker's License
- How to Get a Real Estate License
- Mortgage Broker Vs. Real Estate Agent
- Alabama Real Estate School with Course and Program Information
- Real Estate Broker: Education Requirements & Career Info
- Real Estate Transaction Broker: Job Description and Requirements
- Should I Become a Real Estate Lawyer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Real Estate Agent? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Jobs that Require a Real Estate License
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses