- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 106
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Experimental Design in Science: Definition & Method
Course SummaryPrepare yourself for the Alberta Education Diploma Chemistry 30 exam with this convenient online test prep course. This self-paced course covers all of the chemistry concepts you'll need to know for the exam and provides plenty of practice assessments to help you master your chemistry knowledge.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
14 chapters in Alberta Education Diploma - Chemistry 30: Exam Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Work through this comprehensive test prep course to get ready for the Alberta Education Diploma Chemistry 30 exam. The course's engaging video lessons and interactive self-assessments are designed to help you quickly review and solidify your understanding of all the chemistry topics you'll be expected to know. The flexible online format of the course allows you to study at your own schedule and focus on the topics you need to spend the most time reviewing. The course's content covers the following chemistry topics that will appear on the exam:
- Experimental design and measurement
- Heat transfer and kinetic energy
- Biochemical reactions
- Solutions and mixtures
- Organic and inorganic chemistry
- Monomers and polymers
- Organic reactions and greenhouse gases
- Oxidation-reduction reactions
- Chemical equilibrium
- Acids and bases
About the Exam
Part of Alberta Education's Grade 12 diploma exams, the Chemistry 30 exam is intended to measure students' chemistry knowledge at the 12th grade level and that they've met province-wide achievement standards. The Chemistry 30 exam has 44 multiple-choice questions, as well as 16 numerical-response questions. Students have a total of three hours to finish the exam.
Alberta Education Diploma Chemistry 30 Exam Preparation & Registration
This course allows you to prepare for the exam at your own pace. You can use any Internet-connected device to access the course at any time of day, which helps you study whenever it fits your schedule. You can solidify your understanding of essential chemistry concepts by watching/reading through the lessons, taking the accompanying quizzes, printing lesson transcripts and submitting questions to our expert chemistry instructors. We've also included a final examination to help you make sure you're fully prepared to sit for the Chemistry 30 exam.
The exam is offered in January, April, June, August and November of each year. Students can register for the Chemistry 30 exam via the Alberta Education website. Students are also encouraged to consult the website for specific test dates and other dates regarding registration deadlines. Students can view their test scores online approximately 3-and-a-half weeks after the exam date.
The Alberta Education Diploma Chemistry 30 exam is administered by Alberta Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Inorganic Chemistry Course Information
- Online Organic Chemistry Course Overviews
- Online Graduate Courses in Chemistry: Course Descriptions
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Should I Major in Chemistry? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Free Online Chemistry Classes with Course Descriptions
- Online Chemistry Courses with Lab Components: How Do They Work?
- Online Physical Chemistry Course and Class Information
- Online Chemistry Courses Offered by Top Colleges and Universities
- List of Free Online Organic Chemistry Courses & Learning Materials
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses