- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 103
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
Course SummaryRefer to this detailed study guide to review mathematical concepts and practices you need to know as a 12th grade student in Alberta. The material covered in this course is the same you will be tested on when sitting for the Alberta Education Diploma Mathematics 30-1 exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
14 chapters in Alberta Education Diploma - Mathematics 30-1: Exam Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The purpose of this course is to provide 12th grade students in Alberta, Canada, with the opportunity to review mathematical functions, equations and trigonometric concepts they need to know to successfully complete the Mathematics 30-1 exam. Lessons relate details about how to compose and graph various types of functions, evaluate logarithms and understand trigonometric ratios. This course will also detail the following mathematical concepts that will appear on the exam:
- Solving trigonometric equations
- Performing transformations
- Using the binomial theorem
- Calculating permutations and possible outcomes
About the Exam
The Alberta Education Diploma Mathematics 30-1 exam is administered to 12th grade students in Alberta schools in order to establish individual knowledge and to ensure achievement standards. This is a paper-based exam that is administered in January and April. Students who receive a mark between 50% and 79% have attained an acceptable standard; a mark above 79% is considered a standard of excellence.
Alberta Education Diploma Mathematics 30-1 Exam Preparation & Registration
All of the topics addressed in the Alberta Education Diploma Mathematics 30-1 exam are covered in this comprehensive study guide. Lessons provide details about linear, exponential, logarithmic, polynomial, quadratic, radical and various trigonometric functions. Students will review how to graph and compose functions, make translations and transformations, solve relevant equations and apply formulas. They will review the basics of angles, trigonometric ratios, permutations and binomials. Each lesson is supported by definitions and examples and complex concepts are made simple through easy-to-follow instruction. Each lesson is available at all times, on any device, and are even printable for quick reference. Self-assessment quizzes can be used to measure one's readiness for taking the Mathematics 30-1 exam.
Students in the 12th grade in an Alberta public high school are eligible to sit for Alberta Education Diploma exams if they are receiving instruction in the specific diploma exam they wish to take. Students must complete and submit a Diploma Exam Registration/Rewrite Form which can be printed from the Alberta Education website under the Forms link. There is no fee for students taking an exam for the first time; an administration fee does apply for rewriters.
The Alberta Education Diploma Mathematics 30-1 exam is a registered trademark of the Government of Alberta, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Courses in Cybercrime Studies: Detailed Course Descriptions
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Mathematics?
- Home Study Diplomas: Are Correspondence Courses Right for Me?
- Mathematical Physics Education Program Information
- Distance Learning and Student Visa Extensions: What You Need To Know
- What You Need to Know Before Taking Online Classes As an International Student
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses