- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 155
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Scientific Investigation? - Definition, Steps & Examples
Course SummaryThe purpose of this comprehensive study guide is to help you review or learn new facts about secondary-level science concepts. The topics addressed in this course are the same that you would need to know when taking the Alberta Education Diploma Science 30 exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
20 chapters in Alberta Education Diploma - Science 30: Exam Prep & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This study guide is designed as a preparatory resource for the Alberta Education Diploma Science 30 exam. Lessons focus on processes and concepts in organic chemistry, genetics, body systems, energy, physics and scientific research. You will have the opportunity to review in-depth information about DNA, chemical reactions, energy transformation, stars, energy sources and issues, electromagnetic waves and the human circulatory system.
About the Exam
The Alberta Education Diploma program is an assessment program that was begun in 1984 and is administered to 12th grade students to determine that educational standards are being met and students are succeeding in various subjects. The computer-based Science 30 exam consists of multiple-choice and numerical response questions and is administered in April. Students must achieve at least 50% marks to pass an Alberta Education Diploma exam; these marks are blended with course grades. Beginning in 2015, exam results are weighted 70/30, with grades achieved in the corresponding course accounting for 70% and the exam 30%.
Alberta Education Diploma Science 30 Exam Preparation & Registration
Using this extensive course provides you with a single resource to review all of the material you will encounter when writing the Alberta Education Diploma Science 30 exam. You will study details about scientific investigation methods, data analysis, scientific theory development and the use of technology in science. Some lessons focus on the circulatory system structures and processes, the immune system, DNA functions, genetic engineering and heredity. Chemistry-based lessons discuss acids and bases, carbons, greenhouse gases, the effects of chemical processing on the environment and global environmental laws and ethics. Still other lessons cover physical science concepts such as gravitational fields, electrical energy, electromagnetic waves, radiation, nuclear energy, renewable and non-renewable energy sources, and energy efficiency and conservation.
Short lessons take as little as five minutes to review and are accessible at all times from any device. Self-assessment quizzes measure your understanding of each topic and your readiness in taking the Alberta Education Diploma Science 30 exam.
Students seeking to write an Alberta Education Diploma exam must complete a Diploma Exam Registration/Rewrite Form, which can be downloaded from the Alberta Education website under the Forms link. Students in the 12th grade are eligible and must indicate if they are receiving current instruction in the subject for which they are being tested and also select a testing center. No registration fees apply to these exam for first-time test takers; however, an administration fee must be paid for rewriting an exam.
The Alberta Education Diploma Science 30 exam is administered by Alberta Education, The Crown in Right of Alberta as represented by the Minister of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Diploma of Secondary Education Online
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education: Major in Science Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education: Major in Physical Science Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education: Major in Biological Science Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Degree Programs
- Health Sciences: Diploma Summary
- Distance Learning Diplomas and Certificates in Computer Science
- Home Study Diplomas: Are Correspondence Courses Right for Me?
- Equine Science Courses by Distance Learning with Coursework Info
- Top Ranked School for Taking Computer Science Courses - Knoxville, TN
- Financial Specialist License Information and Education Requirements
- Distance Learning Health Science Degree Program
- Animal Care Technician Job Description and Education Requirements
- Commercial Loan Analyst Job Description and Education Requirements
- Corporate Counsel Job Description Duties and Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses