- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 172
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Algebra Essential Questions
Course SummaryWe've created this course of algebra lesson plans and activities to help make your curriculum planning simple and stress-free. All of our teacher resources are developed by expert instructors who know how to write engaging curriculum that meets relevant educational standards.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
This teacher resource course contains algebra lesson plans and activities that you can use to help build your curriculum. You'll find resources to help you teach students about the order of operations, equations, inequalities, exponents, logarithms, polynomials and quadratics. The course also offers teaching resources for the properties of functions, ratios, squares and square roots. You can easily navigate through the course using your personal Dashboard.
How It Works
The course is organized by topics into chapters. Each chapter contains lesson plans as well as supplemental teaching tools, such as short lessons you can show in class and multiple-choice quizzes and tests to asses your students' comprehension. Feel free to access these materials 24 hours a day on any mobile device or computer.
You'll find these resources available to you:
- Lesson plans that thoroughly cover important algebra topics
- Video lessons that bring technology into the classroom
- Lesson transcripts you can print out as class handouts or study guides
- Quizzes and tests you can assign to gauge student understanding
How It Helps
- Engages students: In addition to lesson plans, the course also includes algebra games and activities that will capture your students' attention.
- Increases student understanding: These teaching resources help you easily explain even the most challenging algebra topics to your students in a way they'll be able to understand.
- Meets standards: You'll have confidence knowing that our teacher resources are written by expert instructors and meet all the required educational standards.
This course covers the following:
- The order of operations
- Inequalities and equations
- Logarithms and exponents
- Quadratics and polynomials
- The properties of functions
- Algebraic ratios and proportions
- Squares and square roots
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- 7 Strategies for Developing Your Own Curriculum As a New Teacher
- Free Lesson Plans
- How to Create a Professional Development Plan for Teachers
- Home Economics Curriculum with Course Descriptions
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- ESL Lesson Plans for ESL Teachers
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses