- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 119
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
Course SummaryAs you're getting ready to take the AMA PCM Certification Exam, let our engaging study guide course help you prepare to get the best score you can. This course is made up of video and text lessons and multiple-choice quizzes that are accessible 24 hours a day and cover all the topics you'll find on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use our study course to learn about marketing ethics, marketing analysis, business to business and global marketing, and targeting particular segments of the market. You will also study branding and packaging, products and services, and management of the supply chain. The course was pulled together with reference to the eight domains in the AMA PCM Body of Knowledge that is tested on the AMA PCM Certification Exam. The other topics covered in this extensive course include:
- Retailing and multichannel marketing
- Integrated marketing communications
- Advertising, sales, and public relations
- Direct marketing and CRM
- Interactive marketing
- Metrics for marketing
About the Exam
The AMA PCM Certification Exam is used to demonstrate a mastery of professional marketing theory and practice. Passing it is one of the requirements for earning the AMA's Professional Certified Marketer credential. The exam is online, consists of 150 questions, and is timed at three hours. You must score no lower than 80% over all and no lower than 70% in any one of the eight content domains tested. Scores are reported immediately upon exam completion.
Preparing & Registering for the AMA PCM Certification Exam
Our system makes it easy to track your progress through our course, and instructors are available to answer your questions through the user interface. The lessons are a combination of brief topic-searchable videos and text lessons. Lesson quizzes and practice exams can help you assess your mastery of the subject matter.
To register for the exam, you must first apply to the AMA PCM program online and pay the application fee. To qualify, you must have a bachelor's degree and four years professional marketing experience or a master's degree and two years professional marketing experience. If your application is approved, you will receive further instructions for purchasing and taking the exam. After approval, you must take the exam within 90 days.
PCM is a registered trademark of the American Marketing Association, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Best Non-Video Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Best Study Guides, People's Choice Awards
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Study Guides
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Which Is the Best Option for Nursing Courses and Certification - Taking Online Courses or Joining College Courses?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses