- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 133
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Reconstruction Period: Goals, Success and Failures
Course SummaryMaster key topics in American history since 1865 with this comprehensive tutoring course. Use the learning tools in this course to supplement your class lectures and textbook reading.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other American history work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn American history material and earn better grades. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding American industrialization and imperialism, the Gilded Age, the Progressive Era, World War II, the Cold War or any other American history topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing American history since 1865
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in American history
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about American history since 1865 simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about American history since 1865 on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explore events of the Gilded Age and find out about Reconstruction amendments.
- Discuss the policies and developments of the Second Industrial Revolution.
- Find out what factors led to the start of World War I and what happened after America entered the war.
- Describe events of the Roaring 20s, the Great Depression and World War II.
- Find out about global developments after the war.
- Review the Cold War, the Civil Rights Movement and early feminism.
- Get details on political activities of the 1970s and 1980s.
- Learn about presidential elections and policies of the contemporary era.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Free Online Art History Courses, Lectures & Learning Materials
- Distance Learning Graduate History Courses and Classes
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- List of Free Online American History Courses and Classes
- Master of Education Classes and Courses Overview
- List of Free Online Law Classes, Lectures and Courses
- Distance Learning MBA Courses and Classes
- Online History Courses and Classes: Course Descriptions
- List of Free Online Physics Courses, Lectures and Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Aviation Courses, Lectures and Learning Materials
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses