- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 49
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Anatomical Directional Terms Flashcards
Course SummaryThe sets of flashcards in this collection are designed to help you quickly learn and memorize information about human anatomy. Flip through these flashcards to boost your human anatomy knowledge for upcoming exams, class assignments, projects or fun.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About These Flashcards
The flashcards in this collection are all about different aspects of anatomy. Within each flashcard set you'll find images, problems or words that can help you process and remember key facts you may need to apply in class. Some of the topics touched on in this set include:
- Body parts
How Flashcards Help
- Student engagement: Provides a more interactive means of learning about anatomy.
- Vocabulary expansion: Helps you retain important words and concepts used to describe various facets of human anatomy.
- Self-monitoring: Go through each set and test yourself on the parts of anatomy. included, marking the flashcards that you get correct or miss to keep tabs on your progress.
How They Work
The ease and simplicity of flashcards make them an effective and painless way to study anatomy and the memorization of its terms, components and functioning.
- Go to a chapter that covers the anatomy topics you need to learn.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, name or body part on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Careers in Anatomy & Human Biology
- Human Anatomy Degree Program Overviews
- Online Degree in Human Anatomy with Program Summaries
- Human Anatomy: Adult Education Programs Summary
- Anatomy Courses and Classes Overview
- Human Anatomy Online Course Descriptions and Program Options
- Online Human Anatomy and Physiology Courses I and II Overview
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Coursework Overview for the Medical Professions
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Courses in Georgia with School Info
- Online Anatomy Class, Degree Program and School Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses