- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 330
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Atom
Course SummaryDon't settle for struggling through anatomy and physiology class when you can use our fun Anatomy and Physiology Tutoring course to study for tests or get help with homework. Short video lessons break down the topics you're learning, and quizzes help you ensure you've understood one subject before you move on to the next.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other anatomy and physiology work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn anatomy and physiology material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding organic molecules, the brain, cell biology, physiology of reproductive systems, anatomy of the muscular or nervous system or any other anatomy and physiology topic.
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing anatomy and physiology
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in anatomy and physiology
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning anatomy and physiology simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn anatomy and physiology on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn about the atom, electron shell, different types of chemical bonds, acids, bases and the laws of thermodynamics. Become familiar with osmosis, solutions and the properties of water.
- Discuss the structure and function of lipids, carbohydrates, proteins and steroids.
- Explore the functions of enzymes and coenzymes. Take a look at biochemical processes such as enzymatic reactions, redox reactions, cellular respiration, alcoholic fermentation and the Krebs cycle.
- Learn characteristics of the cell membrane and learn about active and passive transport.
- Delve into anatomical directional terminology.
- Become familiar with gross anatomy of the airway and lungs and functions of the respiratory system.
- Take a look at the parts and functions of the human circulatory system. Explore different heart conditions and diseases.
- Learn the anatomy of blood vessels and identify the major blood vessels in the human body.
- Discuss the anatomy and physiology of each organ in the digestive system. Explain how proteins, carbohydrates and lipids are digested and absorbed.
- Become familiar with the gross anatomy of the urinary system, and take a closer look at the structures and functions of the kidneys.
- Define hormones and explain their general function. Learn about the functions and hormones of the pituitary, thyroid and adrenal glands and more.
- Explore brain structures and functions.
- Discuss the structures and functions of the nervous system. Explain how the nervous system helps to maintain homeostasis and regulate body temperature.
- Take a look at the five senses and learn how sensory information is transmitted and interpreted.
- Compare different types of muscle tissue and explain how muscles contract.
- Become familiar with the muscles of various body parts, including the head, neck, vertebral column, shoulders, arms, hips and legs. Explain how muscles provide support and enable movement.
- Describe the different types of connective tissue. Name the different types of cartilage and look at the anatomy of bone.
- Look at the bones that make up various body parts, including the head, face, arms and legs. Explore the structure and functions of joints.
- Learn the anatomy of the male and female reproductive systems. Explain the processes of meiosis, spermatogenesis and oogenesis. Become familiar with the ovarian and uterine cycles.
- Discuss the process of fertilization and zygote formation. Explain the function of the placenta and follow fetal development during each trimester. Describe the stages and possible challenges of labor.
- Describe male and female sterilization procedures.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Anatomy and Physiology Online Courses with Course Descriptions
- Anatomy and Physiology Coursework Overview
- Anatomy and Physiology Distance Education Courses Available
- Anatomy and Physiology Online Classes for Free: Class Summaries
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Online Human Anatomy and Physiology Courses I and II Overview
- Online Anatomy and Physiology Course Descriptions with School Info
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Courses in Georgia with School Info
- Anatomy Vs. Physiology: What's the Difference?
- Online Graduate Certificate in Anatomy & Physiology
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses