- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 299
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Heart Attacks: Levels & Types
Course SummaryPrepare yourself for the ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam using this comprehensive course. Take advantage of extra features like video transcripts and quizzes to boost your efficiency and study according to your needs.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
35 chapters in ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner: Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Managing Costs & Revenues in Healthcare Organizations||Take Quiz|
About This Course
These bite-sized and easy-to-follow lessons make studying for your ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam as straightforward as possible. You'll cover a vast array of topics, including pathophysiology, running diagnostic tests and procedures, pharmacological treatments, neurological conditions, and much more. Let our expert instructors guide you through each lesson at an appropriate pace, providing clear explanations of each topic covered.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our professional instructors have created this course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Reproductive health conditions
- Conducting physical assessments
- Psychosocial health in clinical practice
- Strategies for health promotion and disease prevention
- Pharmacological treatments
- Standards of care and professional practice
- Developing patient and colleague relationships
- Types of cardiomyopathy, endocrine disorders, musculoskeletal conditions, and neurological conditions
The course is made up of thirty-five chapters. Within each chapter, you'll find engaging video and text-based lessons, each designed by a subject matter expert and complete with extra features like self-assessment quizzes.
ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 200, of which 175 are scored
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $295 for American Nurses Association members, $395 for non-members, $340 for American Association of Nurse Practitioners members and Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association (GAPNA) members, $290 for American Association of Nurse Practitioners student members
ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Exam Breakdown
|ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Exam Concept||Percent of the ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Exam||Number of Questions|
|APRN Core Competencies||16%||28 questions|
|Clinical Practice||46%||80 questions|
|Role-Professional Responsibility||33%||58 questions|
|Health Care Systems||5%||9 questions|
Preparing and Registering for the ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Exam
You must meet all the eligibility requirements before you can apply to sit this exam. In particular, you must hold a valid registered nurse license in a U.S. state or territory or hold a professional and legally recognized international equivalent. Alternatively, you may also take the exam if you hold a master's, post-graduate, or doctoral degree from an adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner program, or if you have completed three distinct graduate-level courses in advanced physiology/pathophysiology, assessment of all human systems, and advanced pharmacology.
The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification is a registered trademark of the American Nurses Credentialing Center, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Scoring the ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Exam
As this exam is computer-based, candidates receive their results on-site upon completion of the exam. The exam results are either pass or fail. Candidates who have failed will receive a detailed score report for each section of the test that they can review.
You can find more information about how the ANCC Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Exam is scored here.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Long Does IT Take to Become an Adult-gerontology Nurse Practitioner?
- What Does an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Do?
- How Long Does IT Take to Become an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner?
- Online Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Programs and Courses
- What Does a Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Do?
- What Is the Role of an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner?
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Schools: How to Choose
- Can an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Work in a Clinic?
- Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Salary
- Gerontology Nurse Practitioner: How Do I Become One?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses