- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 257
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Heart Attacks: Levels & Types
Course SummaryUse the easy-to-follow lessons to fully prepare yourself for the ANCC Gerontological Nursing exam. This course gives a detailed overview of every topic you'll need to master, and extra features like the video transcripts and self-assessment quizzes allow you to study as efficiently as possible.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The engaging video lessons in this course help you study for your ANCC Gerontological Nursing exam the right way. The chapters cover a wide array of topics, including psychosocial assessments; the medication needs of older adults; telehealth and remote medical care strategies; and legal, ethical and regulatory considerations for nurses. Our experienced instructors guide you through each concept at an appropriate pace and make the learning process straightforward and enjoyable.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the ANCC Gerontological Nursing exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Age and risk factor assessments
- Treatment modality contraindications
- Human development, motivation and coping theories
- Physical assessments
- Pneumonia, empyema, and pulmonary conditions
- Cardiac events and cardiac surgery procedures
- Types of endocrine, musculoskeletal and neurological disorders
- Liver, renal, gastrointestinal, integrmentary and cardiovascular conditions
- Pharmacology, including drug reactions, interactions and tolerance
- Disease prevention and promoting health
The course is made up of 33 chapters. You'll find detailed video and text-based lessons with each chapter, complete with additional features like video transcripts, tags and self-assessment quizzes.
ANCC Gerontological Nursing Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 150, 25 of which are not scored
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $295 for American Nurses Association members, $395 for non-members, $340 for Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association (GAPNA) members
ANCC Gerontological Nursing Exam Breakdown
|ANCC Gerontological Nursing Exam Concept||Percent of the ANCC Gerontological Nursing Exam||Number of Questions|
|Assessment and Diagnosis||28%||35 questions|
|Planning, Implementation and Evaluation||40%||50 questions|
|Professional Foundation||32%||40 questions|
Preparing and Registering for the ANCC Gerontological Nursing Exam
There are a number of eligibility requirements that you must meet before applying to sit this exam. You must hold a valid U.S. registered nurse license - or a professional and legally recognized international equivalent. You must also have at least 2 years of full-time work experience as a registered nurse and have a minimum of 2,000 hours practicing gerontological nursing within the past 3 years. Additionally, you need to have completed 30 hours' worth of education in gerontological nursing within the past 3 years. Once you have met these requirements, you can register for the exam on the ANCC website.
The Gerontological Nursing Certification is a registered trademark of the American Nurses Credentialing Center, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Master of Gerontology: Degree Overview
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- Overview of Pediatric Nursing Courses
- Overview of Oncology Nursing Courses
- Courses in Cybercrime Studies: Detailed Course Descriptions
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- What Entrance Exam Is Needed for NOVA Nursing?
- Overview of Legal Studies Courses
- Online Master of Education Course Overviews
- Master of Education Classes and Courses Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses