- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 161
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Agricultural Revolution Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryIf your elementary school students need to review the history of the ancient world, have them work through this engaging and kid-friendly course. The course's short lessons and quizzes can help students reinforce the topics they've been learning in class and prepare for upcoming history exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Elementary school students can use this course to review some of the most important and fun facts about ancient history. Our lessons will go over several major concepts and eras in a concise yet comprehensive so they can learn about ancient history quickly and effectively. This course also offers practice quizzes that allow parents or teachers to check each student's learning progress and note any areas in which a student may need help.
How It Works
- Students can watch each of these videos starting from the beginning or choose the to focus on specific chapters that cover the ancient history topics they need help with.
- Lessons can be viewed over and over again, if students need to return to a specific topic at a later time.
- If students are struggling with a particular history topic, they can submit questions directly to the lesson instructors.
- The course offers transcripts of each lesson, which can be printed out and studied at times when they don't have access to a computer.
- Short lesson quizzes, chapter tests and a final course exam can be used to see how well the students are progressing through the course.
Using the Course
This course is an extremely useful tool for helping kids understand key facts about ancient history in fun and easy-to-use online format. These lessons provide a safe and interactive learning environment for any elementary-age children. Parents and teachers will love our lessons because of their effectiveness and affordability, while kids will love them because they're fun and easily accessible from most electronic devices.
Parents and teachers can use this course can help students in multiple ways:
- To assist students with ancient history homework
- To provide students with study guides prior to classroom exams
- To supplement classroom lesson plans on ancient history
- To supplement history textbooks
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- Online Courses and Classes in Ancient History
- Distance Learning Graduate History Courses and Classes
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Online Courses in World History
- List of Free Online World History Courses and Classes
- Summer Classes Don't Have to Be Boring for You or Students - Use These Tips to Make Them Engaging
- Can Student-Led Conferences Work for Elementary Students?
- Ideas for Elementary School Classrooms with Students Who Have ADHD
- Graduate History Classes and Courses Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses