- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 87
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Roman Myths and Religion
Course SummaryDesigned for teachers to use as a supplemental classroom tool and for students looking for support for their history class studies, this Ancient Rome Study Guide course is a beneficial and easily accessible resource. Short, engaging video lessons make it fun to learn about Roman philosophers, rulers, art and more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing ancient Roman history material quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn about ancient Rome
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam.
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information.
- Struggle to identify the most important facts in your ancient Roman history class.
How It Works:
- Watch all the fun videos in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Ancient Rome final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll cover these key topics:
- Romulus and Remus and the birth of Rome
- Ancient Roman monarchy
- Latin, Samnite, Pyrrhic and Punic wars
- Roman myths and religion
- History and politics of the Roman Republic
- The roles of prominent citizens in Roman history
- Pax Romana
- Philosophies of Cicero, Stoicism, Atomism
- The conversion of Constantine and the rise of Christianity
- St. Augustine's City of God
- Justinian Code of Law
- Roman gladiators
- Roman literature, art and architecture
- The fall and enduring legacies of Rome
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- Summer Classes Don't Have to Be Boring for You or Students - Use These Tips to Make Them Engaging
- Instructor Uses Study.com's Online Educational Videos to Enhance Classroom Learning Experience for Students
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Online Courses and Classes in Ancient History
- College Lessons Learned Outside the Classroom
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses