- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 284
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1World History Games for the Classroom
Course SummaryThis convenient teacher resource course helps teachers plan engaging ancient world history lessons. Use any computer or mobile device to access these lesson plans and class activities to supplement your curriculum and improve your students' understanding of ancient civilizations.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
If you need to plan upcoming ancient world history lessons, take a look at this series of lesson plans and class activities. These mobile-friendly resources cover prehistory and early civilizations, as well as the ancient histories of Asia, Greece, Egypt and Rome. You can consult these lesson plans at any time to supplement your existing lessons, design a new world history unit or get ideas on how to engage your students with fun class activities.
How It Works
This course contains simple and effective resources to help teachers design their ancient world history curricula. Teachers can access these lesson plans at any time using any device that has an Internet connection.
The course includes:
- Short and engaging lesson plans that cover important civilizations, figures and events in ancient world history.
- Interactive quizzes and chapter exams that you can use to make sure you're ready to teach these ancient world history topics or assign to your students to assess their comprehension of the material.
- An easy-to-navigate course Dashboard that helps you quickly locate specific lesson topics.
- Printable lesson transcripts for note-taking or offline study.
How It Helps
- Meets curriculum standards: Lesson plans cover essential history topics that meet world history course standards.
- Helps plan lessons: These convenient resources can help teachers quickly plan fully-dimensional and comprehensive ancient world history lessons.
- Engages students: The included class activities help students have fun while learning about ancient civilizations.
In this chapter, you'll find lesson plans for the following:
- Early civilizations
- Ancient Greek, Asian, Egyptian and Roman history
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- ESL Lesson Plans for ESL Teachers
- Substitutes: What To Do When the Teacher Doesn't Leave a Lesson Plan
- 6 Lesson Planning Tips for New Teachers
- Online Courses and Classes in Ancient History
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Ancient History Teacher: Job Description & Requirements
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses