- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 55
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Theories of Evolution: Lamarck vs. Darwin
Course SummaryEnhance classroom materials whether you're a student or a teacher by referring to this Animal Behavior Study Guide course. Short video lessons offer a fun and quick way you can review for classroom discussions, prepare for exams or supplement existing lesson plans for this topic.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material about animal behavior will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the theory of evolution, ecosystems, biomes, animal reproduction, learning behaviors in animals or any other animal behavior topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn animal behavior.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Animal Behavior Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How do I define the theory of evolution?
- What is the relationship between genetics and the environment in human development?
- How do I describe how reaction norms explain behavior?
- What are ecosystems?
- How is biodiversity related to ecosystem stability?
- What is the carbon cycle?
- How do I describe the various biomes?
- What is the difference between innate and learned animal behavior?
- What is habit fragmentation?
- How does an invasive species alter ecological balance?
- What is asexual reproduction?
- What are kinship types?
- What is operant conditioning?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Instructor Uses Study.com's Online Educational Videos to Enhance Classroom Learning Experience for Students
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- New to Blended Classrooms? Here Is Your Quick Start Guide
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- How a 3D Printer Can Enhance Your Classroom
- How I Use Bulletin Boards to Enhance My Classroom
- Flashcards - Strategies for Classroom Discussion
- Promoting Empathy in My Classroom Improved My Students' Behavior
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses