- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 35
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Animal Contributions to Humans Pre-20th Century
Course SummaryThis Animal Science Study Guide course offers students a supplemental classroom resource that can clarify the animal breeding, nutrition and health topics covered in class. Casual learners can also use this course to boost their knowledge of key animal science topics.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from animal science will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the basics of livestock operations, market classes and grades of livestock, meat and egg production, breeding farm animals, or any other animal science topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn animal science.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra agricultural learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Animal Science Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the components of livestock and poultry operations resources?
- How are different kinds of livestock fed?
- What are the market classes and grades of livestock and poultry?
- What is the USDA inspection process for meat products?
- What are the different types of livestock and poultry facilities?
- How do sanitation measures prevent the transfer of bacteria from animals to humans?
- What are the major health issues that affect farm animals?
- What are the recommendations for breeding farm animals?
- How is inbreeding defined?
- What are nutrition requirements for livestock?
- How are nutrients provided effectively?
- How is animal biotechnology defined?
- What are the considerations of animal welfare?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Animal Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Animal Science Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Online Animal Health Courses and Classes Review
- Animal Science: Overview for Becoming an Animal Health Technician
- Animal Doctor Course and Class Overviews
- Animal Trainer Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Courses for Animal Care Students
- Top Schools for Animal Health Science
- Animal Reproduction Science Degree Programs with Course Information
- Online Animal Husbandry Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses