- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 192
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Living & Nonliving Things Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThis engaging course is designed to provide you with quality, expertly written lesson plans suggestions about animal taxonomy and the characteristics. Short, user-friendly lessons make it easy to find the information you need to create your own quizzes, homework assignments and curriculum.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
We've created this informative course offering lesson plans on animal taxonomy and characteristics to provide you with the resources you need to teach these topics successfully in the classroom. Several different animals are covered here in one easy-to-use course, providing you with flexibility as you prepare your curriculum. Each lesson included here has been created by an experienced instructor, so you can be sure you're teaching accurate information in a way that will really work well in the classroom.
How It Works
These video and text lessons provide you with bite-sized pieces of information ready to be utilized in your lesson planning and classroom. This helpful chapter provides you with the following:
- Video lessons that are easy to navigate using the video tabs feature found in the Timeline
- Lesson plans you can use to teach your students about bees, butterflies, worms and more
- Resources and activities for use to bring these subjects alive for your students
- Printable lesson transcripts covering key topics that you can use as-is or modify for use as classroom handouts
- Short lesson quizzes you can utilize with your students to help gauge their comprehension
How It Helps
- Outlines proven methods: Because these lesson plans are written by professional instructors, you can be confident that you're accessing helpful information that can effectively teach your students.
- Makes learning fun: The activities and additional resources included here help engage learners so they can interact with this material and retain more knowledge.
- Simplifies planning: Rather than taking the time to research and write your own lessons, this course helps save your valuable time for other important pursuits.
This course provides lesson plans for these topics:
- Animal characteristics and adaptations
- Worms and insect anatomy
- Bees and butterflies
- Animal movements
- Zoos and animal care
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- What to Do When Homework Is Too Easy for Your Child
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- List of Free Online Design Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Math Lesson Plans
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses