- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 180
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Lesson Plan
Course SummarySuccessfully teach your students about animals in children's books using this lesson plans and teacher resource course at your convenience. All of the materials included here are written by experienced teachers and can be accessed at any time on your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Use this helpful course, and the lesson plans, activities and resources included in it, to refresh your curriculum or design your instruction for the first time. Here you'll find lesson plans for books about fish, sharks, animals, insects, birds, dogs, the zoo, monsters and more. The short and engaging video lessons average 8 minutes, so teachers can quickly apply the material to their curricula.
How It Works
The chapters included here each contain lesson plans according to a specific type of children's book or animal, making it easy for you to review only the information that you need. Our lesson plans are comprised of concise videos and lessons to assist in in the teaching process. Additionally, the lesson quizzes and chapter tests help to assess your students' grasp of this material.
We've included the following resources in this chapter:
- Lesson plans on a variety of different kinds of animals in children's books
- Short videos to engage your students and allow you to bring technology into the classroom
- Printable lesson transcripts that can be used as-is or modified as handouts
- Lesson quizzes and chapter tests for student assessment
- Teacher resources for use when teaching books about animals
How It Helps
- Creates confidence: Knowing that the lessons and activities on animal children's books you're teaching meet standards will give you confidence as you lead your students in the classroom.
- Offers flexibility: Use these lesson plans and resources to customize your curriculum and easily create group projects, book report topics, discussion questions and more.
- Saves time: When you use this course to create your curriculum on animals in children's books, you can use the time you save to complete other important teaching tasks.
This course provides teacher resources on the following topics:
- Animals in picture books
- Insect, fish and shark picture books
- Picture books about birds
- Zoo and monster picture books
- Teaching books about animals and dogs
- Children's books about frogs and toads
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- ESL Lesson Plans for ESL Teachers
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Teaching ESL Students | Resources for ESL Teachers
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- What Type of Teacher Are You?
- The Best Apps for Teachers Who Want to Save Time
- How Materials for the Arts Helps Teachers
- Life Skills Resources for Teachers
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses