- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 389
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Science Vocabulary & Concepts: Study Skills & Word Parts
Course SummaryReview the engaging video lessons and quizzes in this help and review course to refresh yourself on all the topics covered in your AP biology course. Our study materials can also help you prepare for the test and help you earn your best score possible on the exam.
Sign up to start this course today
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
AP Biology: Help and Review • 211K views • 9 min
About this course:
42 hours of educational videos
389 self-paced lessons
29 practice tests
April teaches high school science and holds a master's degree in education.
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Genetic Engineering in Medicine Genetic Engineering in Medicine||Video Take Quiz|
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding AP biology material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding animal and plant biology, organic or inorganic chemistry, cells, genetics or any other biology topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn biology.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the AP Biology final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are some theories concerning the origin of life on Earth?
- How do elements form the building blocks of other things?
- What is the structure and function of proteins?
- How can a phospholipid bilayer be both hydrophobic and hydrophilic?
- What are the physical features of chromosomes?
- How does DNA replicate?
- Who is Mendel and what are his contributions to the study of biology?
- How does the environment affect mutation rates?
- What are cladograms and phylogenetic trees?
- How does pollination of plants take place?
- What are the human impacts on the environment?
- How do animals communicate?
- What is genetic engineering?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
This was the most helpful studying service I have ever received. I have tried multiple services, lots of studying on my own, and flash cards. I have failed many times and couldn't do better. This was the one that helped me the most and at the end I finally passed.
The app is simple and the practice tests helped me know specifically what I needed to study. Passed my test with flying colors thanks to study.com!
Perfect for what I needed it for! The quizzes and lessons were thorough and I got in a few practice tests before my real one.
The lessons were relevant and easy to understand. I loved that I could watch videos and use audio mode to listen while driving or doing other things.
This website was a great resource for me when I was studying for my certification tests. Study.com helped me to pass my tests, and I don't know if I could have achieved that without this resource!
Excellent content. It was directly related to my test. Study.com really did a good job at getting to the meat and potatoes of the content.
This service is fantastic! Not only did I passed all the exams I was studying for, I learned something from my studies rather than just memorizing boring facts to be lost in a brain dump later. The content, context, and multiple modes of representation they provide is highly effective and enjoyable!
If it wasn't for Study.com I would not have known exactly what it was that I needed to study. It most DEFINITELY was the reason I passed my three super challenging tests!
Explore our library of over 88,000 lessons
Explore our library of over 88,000 lessons
Search Courses & Lessons
Browse by Subject
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses