- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 138
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
This course can be found in: AP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ AP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the AP Calculus AB exam with our video lessons on graphing, functions, exponents, derivatives, integrals and scientific calculator use. Each lesson includes a short, multiple-choice quiz that allows you to practice important concepts using questions similar to those found on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - AP Calculus Exam Calculator: What's Allowed?|
|Lesson 2 - AP Calculus Exam Date|
Related AP Courses
About This Course
With our AP Calculus AB course, you can build a foundation with chapters about graphing and function basics, before you get into more complicated concepts like polynomials, derivatives and integration. Our subject-matter experts present these brief, targeted video lessons with self-assessment quizzes to strengthen your knowledge and give you the confidence to succeed in the AP calculus AB exam you need moving forward. The course's online format makes it easy to study for the AP exam at any time that fits your schedule, and the Ask the Expert feature allows you to submit any questions you may have.
Check out our AP test prep materials! We've got AP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AP study guides to help you study, AP practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is closely aligned with the topics you can expect to find on the AP Calculus AB exam. The lessons help you improve your understanding of foundational calculus terms, formulas and concepts, and the practice quizzes help you strengthen your calculus skills. When you're finished with the course, you should be able to:
- Outline the basics of graphs and functions
- Recognize function limits and continuity
- Analyze the properties of derivatives and derivative intervals
- Evaluate the derivative as a point and as a function
- Identify second derivatives
- Use and compute derivatives
- Explain the fundamental theorem of calculus
- Use scientific calculators to solve calculus problems
- Approximate definite integrals
- Discuss integral applications
- Work with polynomials and exponents
- Understand/apply integration techniques
This course contains 130 bite-sized lessons that are organized into 19 chapters. Watch or read through the lessons at your own pace, and take the accompanying quizzes to practice solving calculus problems. To further reinforce your understanding of the material, take the mutiple-choice chapter exams and final course assessment.
AP Calculus AB Exam Information
You can expect to take this AP exam upon completion of your AP Calculus AB course in high school. If you earn a high score on the exam, you can become eligible for earning college credit or advanced placement in the colleges and universities you're applying to.
- Approximate Number of Questions: 51
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and free-response
- Time Limit: 3 hours and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $94
Advanced Placement (AP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Are College Midterms As Important As Final Exams?
- Compass Exams
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- List of Free Online Calculus Courses and Lessons
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses