- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 173
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
This course can be found in: AP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ AP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryStudy.com's AP Calculus AB & BC: Exam Prep course can help you quickly and efficiently get ready for the AP Calculus AB and BC exams. Access these video lessons and practice quizzes at any time to study all the calculus concepts you'll need to know for the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?||Take Quiz|
|Lesson 2 - Graphs: Types, Examples & Functions||Take Quiz|
Related AP Courses
About This Course
Get an in-depth look at continuity, integrals, and limits through this online calculus course. The course helps you graph functions, simplify equations and calculate derivatives as you prepare for the AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC exams. Our team of experienced, professional educators designed the videos in this course to be brief yet engaging; they also crafted short, multiple-choice quizzes to help you measure your proficiency in the topics covered in the course. You can use the course to study for these AP exams at any time that fits your schedule, and our subject-matter experts are happy to answer the questions you may have.
Check out our AP test prep materials! We've got AP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AP study guides to help you study, AP practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Syllabus & Course Information
Our instructors have designed this course to coincide with the topics that appear on the AP Calculus AB and BC exams. As you work through the lessons, you'll review essential calculus definitions and formulas. The included self-assessments help you practice applying your calculus problem-solving skills. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Work with functions in complex equations
- Graph functions on the Cartesian plane and find the slope of a point
- Describe and determine the limits of functions
- Assess derivatives for logarithmic and exponential functions
- Define exponent properties, rational exponents and polynomial equations
- Work with derivatives through linearization, Newton's method and optimization
- Calculate derivatives with limits, use the chain rule and graph various derivatives
- Solve equations that include derivatives
- Calculate the area under a curve with integrals
- Graph derivatives using differential calculus and L'Hopital's rule about indeterminate forms
- Apply Newton's method for root-finding problems, areas between functions and volumes of revolution
- Understand how motion is related to slopes, tangents and the derivative in calculus
- Explain how basic geometry and trigonometry concepts are related to calculus
- Use a scientific calculator for functions, exponentials and graphing
This course offers 23 chapters and a total of 160 lessons. Our lessons are taught in a simplified and entertaining manner that helps you enjoy the studying process and remember essential calculus concepts. The included self-assessments help you further your understanding of the information. Your course dashboard will also keep track of your progress so you know what you've already studied and how much more you need review before the day of your exam.
AP Calculus AB and BC Exam Information
Achieving a high score on the AP Calculus AB and BC exams can help you earn course credit or advanced college placement. Note that you cannot take both exams in the same academic year. The following information applies to both the AB and BC exam types:
- Approximate Number of Questions: 51
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and free-response
- Time Limit: 3 hours and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $94
Advanced Placement (AP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- List of Free Online Calculus Courses and Lessons
- Calculus Courses and Classes Overview
- Calculus Worksheets
- How to Study for AP Tests
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Calculus Course Online: Overview of Free Online Calculus Courses
- Everything You Need to Know About AP Tests: Deadlines, Scoring Policies & More
- Calculus Online Course Requirements and Classes Available
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses