- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 181
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Course SummarySupplement the information you're receiving in AP Chemistry class with this fun and interactive AP Chemistry tutoring course. Use our short video lessons to review the topics you need more help on, and then test your knowledge with our multiple-choice quizzes.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other AP chemistry work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn AP chemistry material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding properties of matter, nuclear chemistry, kinetics, organic chemistry, solutions or any other AP chemistry topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing AP chemistry
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP chemistry
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning AP chemistry simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live chemistry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn AP chemistry on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to convert among different types of units.
- Describe the properties of matter.
- Become familiar with the structure of the atom.
- Understand the trends found within groups and periods on the periodic table.
- Discuss the basics of nuclear chemistry.
- Describe the characteristics of different types of chemical bonds.
- Examine the phase changes for liquids and solids.
- List the properties of gases.
- Understand how solutions are formed.
- Learn how to write and balance chemical reactions.
- Describe the characteristics of acids and bases.
- Understand how to calculate equilibrium.
- Explain what affects the rate of a chemical reaction.
- Examine the laws of thermodynamics.
- Explore the different types of organic molecules.
- Discuss strategies for answering questions on the AP chemistry exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Physical Chemistry Course and Class Information
- Organic Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Chemistry Teacher Courses with Classes Overview
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- How to Prepare for AP Classes
- Online Inorganic Chemistry Course Information
- Free Online Chemistry Classes with Course Descriptions
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses