- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 91
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Get the Gist of an Essay & Improve Reading Comprehension
Course SummaryHelp your homeschooler master AP English language topics with this engaging and thorough homeschool curriculum course. Your student can study these lessons conveniently and with flexibility on any mobile device at any time to get a great score on the AP exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why It Works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make English language and writing topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to prepare for the AP English Language exam at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to AP English language, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert English instructors any question about writing, reading essays or other AP English language topics. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary AP English language exam preparation resource in your homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
AP English Language Learning Objectives:
- Deriving meaning from essays.
- Identifying types of nonfiction.
- Using rhetorical devices.
- Examining the types of essays on the AP English language exam.
- Starting a writing project.
- Composing and organizing an essay.
- Editing a written piece.
- Utilizing the right forms for writing an essay.
- Learning rules of grammar.
- Researching and attributing sources.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Homeschool Curriculum
- Will Colleges Be Concerned About a Student Canceling a Low Score on an AP Computer Science Test?
- What to Expect When You Start Taking AP Courses
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Car-Sharing Helps College Students Get Mobile
- Digital Design Degrees Top School with Digital Design and Multimedia Degree Programs - Maitland FL
- How Do I Love My Library Let ME Count the Ways
- Electronics Engineering Schools in Los Angeles
- Online Pharmacy Tech Certification Overview of Requirements
- Operations Management Courses Top School to Receive Training in Operations Management - Indianapolis IN
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses