- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 101
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Get the Gist of an Essay & Improve Reading Comprehension
Course SummaryIf you've fallen behind in AP English Language class, check out the fun learning tools in this course. Use our short video lessons and self-assessment quizzes to prepare for the test or complete your homework assignments.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other AP English language work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn AP English language material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding grammar, rhetorical devices, essay structure, source materials, prose nonfiction, essay writing conventions or any other AP English language topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing AP English language
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP English language
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning AP English language simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn AP English language on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn the basics of reading essays.
- Become familiar with the different types of prose nonfiction.
- Discuss different types of rhetorical devices.
- Take a look at the types of essays found on the AP English exam.
- Examine conventions in essay writing.
- Learn how to begin the writing process.
- Understand how to write and structure an essay.
- Discuss methods for making revisions and improving your writing skills.
- Review the elements of grammar.
- Explain how to use source materials.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- English Language Arts Quizzes
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- Language Quizzes
- Should I Be an English Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Online Sign Language Lessons, Classes and Courses
- English Language Arts Videos
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- How To Help Your Kids With Homework When You've Got Your Own
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses