- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 283
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Environmental Science? - Definition and Scope of the Field
Course SummaryTeach your students the essential topics covered in AP Environmental Science with this mobile-friendly textbook course. This course contains all the same material you'd find in a traditional science textbook, but in a convenient study resource you can access at any time, 24 hours a day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches AP environmental science can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most AP environmental science textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like plate tectonics, earthquakes, storms, glaciers and volcanoes are perfect for briefly introducing an AP environmental science topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional AP environmental science textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of the cycles of matter, the properties of ocean water, the various types of marine organisms and the different kinds of rocks.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online AP environmental science textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our AP environmental science textbook can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring conservation biology, the atmospheric cycle, sustainable agriculture and other AP environmental science topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like specific gravity and mineral density easy to understand.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of AP environmental science as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
- Blended Learning: All of Study.com's courses are perfect solutions for a flipped classroom environment, blending classroom, digital and mobile learning into one package.
- Skill-Building Courses: In addition to in-depth instruction, courses include practice lessons, quizzes, practical learning exercises and how-to guides to help students develop higher-order thinking skills.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online AP environmental science textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in AP environmental science class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings AP environmental science lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb AP environmental science theories, laws and processes.
- Identify the AP environmental science topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging AP environmental science video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like volcanic landforms, solar radiation, climate classifications and global warming.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any AP environmental science topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our AP environmental science course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about the ozone layer, the laws of thermodynamics and national parks in the U.S.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in AP environmental science, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this AP environmental science course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand an AP environmental science concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Learn about environmental science and the Earth's atmosphere
- Study the geologic time scale and the Earth's tectonic plates
- Explore the causes of earthquakes and volcanoes
- Discuss the effects of weather and the formation of storms
- Describe the water cycle and water conservation methods
- Discover the effects and types of running water and ground water
- Explain the movement of glaciers and the features of oceans
- Explore ecosystems, their evolution and the organisms within them
- Learn about different forms of minerals as well as the structure of soil and rocks
- Study the fundamentals of biological science
- Examine factors related to the size of the population and humans' affect on the environment
- Outline various agricultural resources
- Look at the preservation of U.S. rangelands and forests
- Explore fishing treaties and mining laws
- Discuss the consumption of energy as well as renewable and nonrenewable resources
- Learn about legislation pertaining to hazardous waste
- Gather facts about environmental health, risk analysis and sustainable development
- Build your knowledge of global environmental laws, ethics and economics
- Define scientific research and the scientific method
- Explain the use of mathematics in the science laboratory, and explore test and safety strategies
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Distance Learning Environmental Science Degrees with Course Info
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- List of Free Online Political Science Courses and Learning Materials
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Audio Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Medical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Acoustic Science Course and Class Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses