- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 304
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Environmental Science? - Definition and Scope of the Field
Course SummaryTo get the best score you can on the AP Environmental Science test, review our AP Environmental Science tutoring course. Our engaging video lessons walk you through the topics you're studying in class so you can boost your understanding and increase your confidence for test day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other AP Environmental Science work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn AP Environmental Science material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding biological science, ecosystems, energy concepts, geologic time, plate tectonics, renewable resources or any other AP Environmental Science topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing AP Environmental Science
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP Environmental Science
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning AP Environmental Science simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live environmental science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about AP Environmental Science on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Understand the scope of environmental science.
- Take a look at the geologic time scale.
- Become familiar with the mechanisms behind plate tectonic movement.
- Learn the causes and effects of earthquakes.
- List the different types of volcanoes.
- Describe the components and structure of the atmosphere.
- Look at the causes and effects of different types of storms.
- Learn the phases of the water cycle.
- Examine different types of ground water systems.
- Explore the processes of glacial erosion and deposition.
- Discuss water conservation issues.
- Understand the properties of rocks and minerals.
- Learn how organisms interact within an ecosystem.
- Explain how ecosystems evolve.
- List threats to the existence of a species.
- Describe the ways in which the human population affects the environment.
- Discuss the problems associated with agriculture and explore possible solutions.
- Understand how forests and public lands are managed.
- Examine the sustainability of mining and fishing.
- Take a look at examples of different types of energy resources.
- Learn how solid and hazardous wastes are managed.
- Explain how environmental risks are analyzed.
- Define environmental economics.
- Explore the applications of environmental sustainability.
- Discuss environmental ethics and legislation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Online Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Will Colleges Be Concerned About a Student Canceling a Low Score on an AP Computer Science Test?
- Best Christian Colleges for Environmental Science
- Should I Major in Environmental Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Careers in Environmental Science
- What Are Some Careers in Environmental Science?
- What Do You Study in an Environmental Health Course?
- Graduate Programs in Environmental Science
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses