- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 244
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Renaissance Timeline: Events Overview
Course SummaryUse this easy-to-follow homeschool curriculum as a guide when creating a custom set of European history lessons for your child to prepare them for the AP European History exam. The video lessons and self-assessment quizzes give you a useful resource for lesson planning and teaching your child about major people and events in Europe's history.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why It Works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make history topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn and prepare for the AP European History exam at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to AP European history, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert history instructors any question about political and social reforms, wars, or other AP European history topics. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary AP European history homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material to prepare your student for the AP European History exam.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
AP European History Learning Objectives:
- Explore the Renaissance and learn about key events, like the birth of Parliament, the rise of banking, and the start of the printing press.
- Study the Reformation and its effects across Europe, including Martin Luther's 95 Theses, the sacking of Rome, the Council of Trent, and religious warfare.
- Learn about the age of expansion and the rise of the monarchical nation states.
- Discover pivotal moments in English history, such as the Wars of the Roses, Queen Mary vs. Queen Elizabeth, and the Spanish Armada.
- Study Thomas Aquinas, Ptolemy, Galileo, and Immanuel Kant, then learn about the roles of women during the Enlightenment.
- Analyze the dominant powers of the 18th century, Napoleon's reign, and revolutionary movements all across Europe.
- Examine the first and second industrial revolutions as well as the growth of nationalism and unification.
- Learn about the social philosophies of Frederick Nietzsche, the scientific theories of Charles Darwin, attitudes towards non-Christian religions, and early feminism in Europe and the Americas.
- Decipher major events and outcomes of WWI and WWII, including the Treaty of Versailles, the rise of Communism, the Great Depression, the Holocaust, and Hiroshima.
- Look at key events during Europe's reconstruction, the Cold War, and the collapse of Communism.
- Review parts of the AP exam and develop essay-writing techniques, like writing an argument, structuring paragraphs, and using sources.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- AP European History: Summary of Coursework
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- European History Graduate Programs
- Guided Reading Lesson Plans
- European History
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- European History Degree and Certificate Program Overviews
- Online European History Degree Program Information
- Early Modern European History Graduate Programs
- Academic and Career Options for History Majors Video
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses