- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 135
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human & Cultural Geography: Definition, Characteristics & Studies
This course can be found in: AP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ AP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe chapters in this AP Human Geography: Exam Prep course contain text and video lessons that teach you about the location and movement of the people of the earth. You can use this course to study for the AP test or catch up in your AP Human Geography class.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AP Courses
About This Course
In this AP Human Geography: Exam Prep course, you'll be introduced to fundamental geography concepts, population migration, demographics, cultures and the many factors that influence movement of people from revolution to agriculture. All the lessons include a short, multiple-choice quiz so you can see if you understood the material you've studied. Use this course any time that's convenient on your smartphone, tablet or computer to prepare to get the best score you can on the exam.
Check out our AP test prep materials! We've got AP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AP study guides to help you study, AP practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This test prep course includes short and informative lessons covering the topics you'll need to know to do well on the exam. These include cultural identity, issues in contemporary agriculture, population and migration and much more. Once you complete this course, you should be able to:
- Detail geographic tools, technology and maps
- Outline the components of culture
- Define cultural geography
- Discuss politics, geography and nations
- Explain agricultural revolutions and domestication
- Identify issues in contemporary agriculture
- Provide an overview of industrialization and economic development
- Describe cities and urban land use
You'll find 13 chapters and 123 lessons total in this course that can assist you in your test preparations as you get ready for the AP Human Geography exam. The lesson quizzes and chapter tests are a handy way to see if you're ready for exam day.
AP Human Geography Exam Information
By taking the AP Human Geography exam, you can earn college credit and advanced college placement. Although you don't have to take an AP Human Geography course ahead of the exam, many students do so to prepare for this advanced exam.
- Number of Questions: 78
- Question Type: 75 multiple-choice questions and 3 free-response questions
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $94
AP (Advanced Placement) is a registered trademark of The College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Geography Course and Class Descriptions
- Learn Human Geography
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- AP Test Preparation & Resources
- Human Geography Questions and Answers
- Online Geography Courses Overview
- Human Resources Courses in NJ with Class Descriptions
- List of Free Human Services Classes and Courses
- 4 Signs Your Child Should Take AP Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses